..Okay, So Who Got Selective Entry This Year? (1 Viewer)

Bells88

HSC
I got B Commerce/B Engineering unconditional :)
And to answer your question, I'm fairly certain that if the offer is unconditional you get in regardless of your ATAR (because they judged your capabilities, extracurricular etc), but if it's provisional and you don't meet the expectations you don't get in.

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
I got a conditional entry. I need above 75 atar and above 25/50 in extension maths for civil engineering.
Kinda annoyed, because i traveled a good 6 hours to get there not to mention traveling back and i get told i still have to get the requirements to get into the course normally anyway. Plus i do extension 2 maths which means my extension paper is out of 100, which means they obviously didn't pay much attention to my application anyway.
Besides being a little annoyed at that i am happy i will end up at wollongong, i love the area and i love the campus and the people there seemed great so i look forward to it.

eja2000

HSC
I got B Commerce/B Engineering unconditional :)
And to answer your question, I'm fairly certain that if the offer is unconditional you get in regardless of your ATAR (because they judged your capabilities, extracurricular etc), but if it's provisional and you don't meet the expectations you don't get in.
That's a massive load off my back. I got unconditional. I remember it being said somewhere that if you REALLY bomb out then they may revise you're application..I'm assuming that if you're a few points off or something then it's fine, though. Thanks for your help. :party:

Lolzipops

HSC
Good stuff! Did you get unconditional or provisional entry?
Thanks - and unconditional entry thank goodness! So much less pressure now haha.

And I'm not sure about the ATAR - they just say that if there is a dramatic drop in your results they can reconsider it, however if you perform consistently and even if you don't necessarily attain the ATAR needed for the course, you should be fine! Just try not to lose motivation now that you have a guaranteed place :p

eja2000

HSC
I got a conditional entry. I need above 75 atar and above 25/50 in extension maths for civil engineering.
Kinda annoyed, because i traveled a good 6 hours to get there not to mention traveling back and i get told i still have to get the requirements to get into the course normally anyway. Plus i do extension 2 maths which means my extension paper is out of 100, which means they obviously didn't pay much attention to my application anyway.
Besides being a little annoyed at that i am happy i will end up at wollongong, i love the area and i love the campus and the people there seemed great so i look forward to it.
Hmm..Is the ATAR they specified lower than the normal ATAR cut-off, or the exact same? Ah well, either way, I look forward to seeing you at Wollongong, stranger! :party:

eja2000

HSC
All of us little Selective Entry BOS'ers should totally get together at the uni some time. I certainly look forward to meeting tonnes of new people. :rolleyes2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)