No offers :( Best alternative? (1 Viewer)

Sh4d0w

HSC
Just opened my letter today, very disappointed that I didn't get an offer from Wollongong despite having been at TAFE last two years. Was doing an Advanced Diploma and failed one module so I couldn't graduate. I got accepted into UWS but I do not want to travel 2 hours a day for another year. I haven't rang up UOW yet, but as far as I know certain Uni's don't even look at incomplete TAFE qualifications, is this true for Wollongong?

I asked TAFE for an early exit option last year to try and get a Diploma but they were useless and told me it couldn't be done DESPITE there being an early exit point stated on the course/assessment guide.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Oh, I live in Wollongong. That's why UWS isn't much of a keen option for me.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Just opened my letter today, very disappointed that I didn't get an offer from Wollongong despite having been at TAFE last two years. Was doing an Advanced Diploma and failed one module so I couldn't graduate. I got accepted into UWS but I do not want to travel 2 hours a day for another year. I haven't rang up UOW yet, but as far as I know certain Uni's don't even look at incomplete TAFE qualifications, is this true for Wollongong?

I asked TAFE for an early exit option last year to try and get a Diploma but they were useless and told me it couldn't be done DESPITE there being an early exit point stated on the course/assessment guide.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Oh, I live in Wollongong. That's why UWS isn't much of a keen option for me.
Call them up. Talk to someone about it. UoW in general are pretty good if you talk to someone and just tell them why you want to get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)