UOW Early Entry Interview Results (1 Viewer)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
First and foremost, I wish you all the best in receiving your preferred interview outcome! I do have a question, if I receive an offer, and I preform horribly bad in the HSC (like below 70), do they strip there offer away from me?

Thanks, and also good luck in your HSC exams!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yes uow is known for doing that. Which means that you gotta perform well in the HSC and use your atar to get into the course your want. Should of applied for early entry though...

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes uow is known for doing that. Which means that you gotta perform well in the HSC and use your atar to get into the course your want. Should of applied for early entry though...
I did apply for early entry. My question is that if I do get an offer through early entry, can they take that offer away from me if I preformed horribly in the exams?

Sorry! My wording in the start wasn't clear!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I did apply for early entry. My question is that if I do get an offer through early entry, can they take that offer away from me if I preformed horribly in the exams?
No not really, haven't heard of that before as you early entry offer is determined mostly about your subject strengths and reporting of course. Let's not forget the other things also.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
No not really, haven't heard of that before as you early entry offer is determined mostly about your subject strengths and reporting of course. Let's not forget the other things also.
Cool. Just completed some research, and found out that I get the "formal" offer through UAC on Dec 4, and ATAR's are released somewhere later I think 17th Dec. So it doesn't matter if I completely f*** the exams! Thanks for your help mate!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Cool. Just completed some research, and found out that I get the "formal" offer through UAC on Dec 4, and ATAR's are released somewhere later I think 17th Dec. So it doesn't matter if I completely f*** the exams! Thanks for your help mate!
No problem and good luck!

Sophiajeanne

HSC
It depends on which type of EE you get. In 2012 my older brother got conditional entry for Chemical engineering, which meant that if he got a 79 ATAR (which was lower than the required for entry) he got early entry but if he got below (I automatically typed 'belonging' at first oh my god) that he wasn't accepted, so he still had to do relatively well. He ended up getting above the required ATAR, and so they didn't end up giving him early entry but 'normal' acceptance, which he wasn't happy about because you get guaranteed accommodation with EE and not with 'normal' entry...so he was actually better off getting a lower ATAR :\ He ended up choosing a different course elsewhere though.

Hope this helps! I don't think the numbers I mentioned were 100% accurate but they were similar and you get the gist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)