conditions for early entry? (1 Viewer)

zs

HSC
i got early entry into Int'l Studies/Law, yay! but i was wondering what were to happen if i under performed in the hsc? do they take back these offers often?

what if i only get what i got in my trials?

Constantine

HSC
If I can remember correctly they said they expect the same, if not, improved performance based on your trial results so I think you should be fine :) Even if you get like, say, five points below the ATAR cut off or what they 'expected', I don't think think they will take it back. Unless for your one, which I think is 93 ATAR and you get like 60 - then yeah.

zs

HSC
hahahh yeah i don't think i'll get a 60, but i'm expecting like 79-85. which is pretty below the cut off you know?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
The UAC "formal" offers are released 4 DEC way before ATAR/HSC results are released. So even though you fuck up, they can't take your offer away from u because UAC "formally made" it. Wollongong can't actually tell what you get before the "formal offers". This is my understanding.

zs

HSC
they just said i had to maintain or exceed my marks

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
they just said i had to maintain or exceed my marks
Yeah, mine said the same. It means its guaranteed. If it was conditional they would have told us what mark we needed to get in certain subjects in order to qualify (which totally defeats the purpose of early entry lol). So yeah as I said they cant take it away from you because UAC already formally made it before ATAR/HSC is released. And I have never heard of any cases in which someone was stripped of their offer unless it was conditional.

Constantine

HSC
^

btw what I don't understand is say you have your early entry offer as your first preference on Dec 4 or whatever and UAC make the formal offer to you, AFTER you get your ATAR, can you change your preferences? Or are you stuck with that early entry degree?

I mean what if you do better than expected you know and can do something else/at another uni?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
That's what I am confused about as well. From my understanding you still can get offers from other Unis in OTHER rounds provided you change your first preference after 4 dec or when they make the formal uow offer. So on dec 4 make sure you have UOW early offer thingy degree as your first preference. After they formally offer it to you, and you've accepted, change your first preference into something else, and that way you can still be offered other degrees in the other round. I will get into contact with UOW and UAC to verify this. So don't make any rash decisions yet. I'm accepting it, then changing my preference in other rounds because I want to go to UNSW. I was just scared about my atar being shit!

Thunderstorm

HSC
Anyone got an answer to the above? Can you change your preferences after you have 'accepted' the early entry offer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)