Economics - how much math is actually involved? (1 Viewer)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I was offered B/Poltics/Philo/Econ (Deans Scholar) at UOW. I'm kind of nervous because math isn't my strong point, and I really wanted to get an early offer, as well as study politics and philosophy. The course required only a band 5/6 in advanced english.

So, yeah, how much math is actually involved in economics? Should I take classes over the holidays before I start uni to prepare myself? I have not received the course structure as it is a new course and they're still working on it I think.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I have heard intro to eco is pretty minimal mathematically but later years gets intense (things like econometrics e.g)

Will report back in 1-2 years when I finally get to choose my eco major

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I have heard intro to eco is pretty minimal mathematically but later years gets intense (things like econometrics e.g)

Will report back in 1-2 years when I finally get to choose my eco major
Sweet. Thank fuck i'm not majoring in it, its only a minor study I think. Good luck in ur future endeavours man.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been accepted into social science through early admissions too and I wish the course outlines were available!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been accepted into social science through early admissions too and I wish the course outlines were available!
I hope they release it soon, we literally have a month and a bit to make a decsion!

Constantine

HSC
From what I heard in the early years there's not a lot of maths but they're fairly complicated. As the degree goes on its difficulty increases (I mean maths ext one is recommended for economics as compared to advanced for commerce) but it's still theory > maths.

btw please check out the early entry thread you replied to before.
got a question for ya :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)