Early Entry Law degree Question? (1 Viewer)

StephanieMit

HSC
Hi Everyone,

I just finished the HSC and I've been accepted at Wollongong for Law early entry. I just wanted to ask some questions:
1) How many students in a class?
2) Is there tutorials or is it just seminars?
3) How long are the seminars?
4) For work placement, do you go during your first year and are you guaranteed employment after you leave the uni?
5) How many days do you go to uni?

Focus is Key

HSC
Ok I just finished first law year and I'll give you as much as I know:

1) In the seminars there are around 20-25 people per class.
2) There are only seminars and lectures.
3) They were all 2 hours long in my first year.
4) For work placement most people go during their 3rd year but I heard from rumours it's possible to do during 2nd year.
5) In first semester we didn't choose our timetables and i was there 4 days a week. This semester I chose to also be there 4 days a week so I could all the lectures and seminars- but I know one girl who managed to cram it all into like 2 days but doesn't attend the lectures and watches them online instead. They only started putting up online recordings during second semester.

StephanieMit

HSC
Thanks so much! I live in the St George area and I'm planning to train it so I think it'll take 1hr. Do you know if there are a lot of students on the train and what's the latest time that you finish because I'll probably be training it back.

Last edited:

Focus is Key

HSC
Seminars or lectures can start as early as 8:30am or as late as 6:30pm so the latest you can potentially be coming home is 8:30pm but that's unlikely. The latest I ever scheduled my seminars for was 3:30 because then I'd be finished by 5:30. And yes there are heaps of people that take the train from the Sydney suburbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)