Early Entry Advice (1 Viewer)

JuliusSeizure

HSC
Has anyone here been through the early entry application for UOW? Any tips you can give me? I would like to do a Bachelor of Commerce/Business! Thanks :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Early Entry at UOW generally requires you to submit your end of Year 11 high school results (either assessment results, or exams) and your rank for each subject, your Year 12 Mid-year results (either assessment results, or exams) and your rank for each subject and your Year 12 trial HSC results (either assessment results, or exams) and your rank for each subject if they’re available. The Early Entry scheme opens in August, you need to apply through UAC.

If you have anymore questions check this page out: http://www.uow.edu.au/future/early-admission/frequently-asked-questions/index.html

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I have!

Okay so, I was offered B Psychology, and was verbally offered B Politics/Econ/Philosophy (Dean's Scholar), but went with the former because I liked it.

What I found was is that if you're in top 5ish of your subjects, you're likely to get an offer/interview - particularly in English. Stress your community/leadership involvement. STRESS your EC's that are involved with your chosen degree, ie. If you won a marketing challenge at school. Get a recommendation from a teacher with a higher authority. BUT, in all honesty, if you get 70+ in your subjects, you're likely to get an interview.

As for the interview, the questions were literally: why this course, why Wollongong, and do you have any questions for the staff. That's it.

JuliusSeizure

HSC
I have!

Okay so, I was offered B Psychology, and was verbally offered B Politics/Econ/Philosophy (Dean's Scholar), but went with the former because I liked it.

What I found was is that if you're in top 5ish of your subjects, you're likely to get an offer/interview - particularly in English. Stress your community/leadership involvement. STRESS your EC's that are involved with your chosen degree, ie. If you won a marketing challenge at school. Get a recommendation from a teacher with a higher authority. BUT, in all honesty, if you get 70+ in your subjects, you're likely to get an interview.

As for the interview, the questions were literally: why this course, why Wollongong, and do you have any questions for the staff. That's it.
I did pretty poorly in english year 11 (36% ranked 95/105) yeah i know, but half yearly got 88% (ranked 42/105), do they like improvements or do they want pass marks for every subject?
other subjects were pretty good except maths where i am ranked 38/47

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I did pretty poorly in english year 11 (36%) yeah i know, but half yearly got 88%, do they like improvements or do they want pass marks for every subject?
They love improvements - shows the capacity to be able to develop and change in order to succeed. I went from 10/30ish for Advanced to 1/30ish - they were astounded.

70 is your benchmark TBH but it really depends on your subjects. For harder subs, like Physics, I believe a 65 would suffice (check on this though aha).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)