Early Entry Ease of Acceptance (1 Viewer)

mandog97

HSC
I was just wondering as I've heard from quite a few older people that getting into early entry is easy in some courses, even with below the requirements.
This herein, lies my dilemma.
I want to apply for Marine Science for early admission and the requirements for E & E Science are 80%.
I've been getting +90% in the three Earth assessments which they care about, but I'm afraid my maths will let me down.
They ask for 70% maths and so far I've gotten a 63, 78 and then bombed out in the trial and got 52.
Does anyone have any idea whether this we completely let me down or not?
Thanks

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Did shit in my math trial, and still was offered a math-based course. I didnt really wanna do it, I just put it in because I needed a second pref.

How are you ranks? If you're pulling like 70+, you've basically scored yourself an offer. The requirements are exaggerated TBH - I know this because I saw the marks my friends were getting and they were below. They still got into great courses with marks of/slightly below 70~.

Also, not many can make it down to the Gong because it's so bloody far, so less people apply. But the campus and drive up there is breathtaking.

Last edited:

mandog97

HSC
Interesting.
Yeah my ranks are where I should be, 10/22 in maths as there is 6 extension 1u kids.
In earth i'm first so i hope that should help haha!
Haha I'm local, wollongong is the place to be ;)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting.
Yeah my ranks are where I should be, 10/22 in maths as there is 6 extension 1u kids.
In earth i'm first so i hope that should help haha!
Haha I'm local, wollongong is the place to be ;)
First in a subject related to your desired degree is really helpful. Top 10 is great (well done!).

Ah, the gong - it truly is!

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)