Exam parking (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Not sure, but I park anywhere during exams without a permit and I haven't been pinged with a fine yet... but I'm not totally sure to be honest. But I'll be parking on campus.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I have a permit, but i remeber last year during the finals they closed out the uni movies carpark.

Ninga

HSC
Man, who cares what the rules are. If you get done at uni, its only $60 for parking at uni for the day, what a bargain!

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Originally posted by Ninga
Man, who cares what the rules are. If you get done at uni, its only $60 for parking at uni for the day, what a bargain!
its actually 69
i got done hehe
so has gmraso

ohwel its my fault and i understand i aint complaining

Ninga

HSC
Doesn't it go through office of infringements now with the government?

Don't pay it, i wanna see the cops come :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
My nextdoor neighbour graduate last year and had racked up $6400 worth of parking fines that she neatly put in a shoebox.

Last year I racked up just under $1000 in fines and didn't pay, but I haven't been done this year for some unknown reason.... but if they are actual formal parking fines now, I might just park on the street.

santaslayer

HSC
Don't the fines keep on adding up if you don't start paying?? :p (Interest on fines...penalities?)

Ninga

HSC
Last year the fines were processed in house, so if your car wasn't registered, like you had never bought a parking permit before, they couldn't do anything about the fines because they couldnt access your records through your license plate, etc. This year they are issued by the government, they changed all the parking bullshit last year. So you have to pay now, or the cops visit you. Or something like that, you get called up to court after 28 days i think, i've only gotten one before parking in town, and i can't remember what the penalty was if it wasn't paid because i paid it...

HSC
Buy a permit you tight-arses :p It was only like $120 for a yellow one... which is ten times better than parking 2000km away from the uni.

Having said that, one of my mates has parked on campus for 3 years (including this semester) without a permit and hasnt been fined once yet. Apparently the car park near Hope Theatre is good ;)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by krayziekarnevil
Buy a permit you tight-arses :p It was only like $120 for a yellow one... which is ten times better than parking 2000km away from the uni.

Having said that, one of my mates has parked on campus for 3 years (including this semester) without a permit and hasnt been fined once yet. Apparently the car park near Hope Theatre is good ;)
I would rather park far from uni than get yellow... Western carpark is pretty far

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Park either on the road or in the street behind the graduate houses. Then you just cut across through there. It's really quite close.

suz

HSC
at least i'll never get a fine! n i have a choice of LOTS of different car parks :)

Ninga

HSC
Dont start me on the parking permits. F***ing first years buying all the F***ing read permits. Theres a lot of anger for me with this issue, and also cos of the fact i'll have to goto the post office on the day they release the 2nd session permits to get another one. Fuckers. Piss me off.

Western Carpark is too far away from all my classes. I have like...nothing down that end of the uni. Well, maybe next session that will change...

Ninga

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
What if you live all the way in Sydney like I do? :p
Well, considering that the bureau/Office? of infringements is located in Parramatta...im sure they can send any number of police to come kick your ass in the extreme police brutality kinda way we've seen on tv :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Luckily, we don't live in Victoria :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)