A revisited definition. (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
stand up
1). To remain valid, sound, or durable: His claim will not stand up in court. Our old car has stood up well over time.
2). Informal To fail to keep a date with.
There was a meetup tonight, at unibar. It was organised ages beforehand. Those who attended:

1). suz
2). gmraso
3). SXC DRAGON BOY
4). Ninga
5). Myself (poloktim)
6). coldie (who uses #hsc).

The question is put out to the rest of you:
Where were you?

<small>Yes, suz and I both decided I should use the same definition again. :)</small>

HSC
I was 'working'. Last nights definition of working:
- serve several drinks from 5pm - 7pm to the dozen or so people.
- stand behind the bar, talking to another mate who was standing behind the bar. Watch 'NRL Greatest Moments', listen to the commentary for 'Bachelor of the Year', drink alot of coke and lift. -->11pm

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I was actually there, outside with a couple of others... and seeing as I have no idea what you people look like, I was expecting somebody to come get me. I was on one of the steel group seating outside the bar for the entire night.

I have to say that Porcelain know how to put on a decent show, I actually went in to see them and shelled out a bit of moolah for a cd.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
I was actually there, outside with a couple of others... and seeing as I have no idea what you people look like, I was expecting somebody to come get me. I was on one of the steel group seating outside the bar for the entire night.

I have to say that Porcelain know how to put on a decent show, I actually went in to see them and shelled out a bit of moolah for a cd.
Oh, well we were making fun of the bands actually. :D

We had to stop and think what Wales' colours were too. Green and white isn't it?

Ninga

HSC

Raiks, u werent wearing a red and black striped (horizontally striped) jersey were u? I was fairly blind, but if that was you...i gave you the finger. U musn't have seen me. If that wasn't you...meh. ;)

Porcelain weren't too bad, i should have got a CD. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And where the fuck were the rest of you?!

Tim is soft. Chucked. How soft is that.

suz

HSC
yere we had good fun last night! shame we didn see u raiks!
as for the bands they were meh, but it was gud catchin up with everyone ;)

oh yere tim- nice definition ;)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Ninga
Raiks, u werent wearing a red and black striped (horizontally striped) jersey were u? I was fairly blind, but if that was you...i gave you the finger. U musn't have seen me. If that wasn't you...meh. ;)

Porcelain weren't too bad, i should have got a CD. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And where the fuck were the rest of you?!

Tim is soft. Chucked. How soft is that.
No, I wasn't wearing that red and black striped jersey. I knew when I saw that guy that there was going to be chance for confusion to occur... Ireland is green and white, Wales is predominantly red with a little bit of green and white.

Like this: http://www.scrum.com/rugbyworldcup/world_cup_photos/gallery45_engvwal/sunnysideup.jpg

Ninga

HSC
No, I wasn't wearing that red and black striped jersey. I knew when I saw that guy that there was going to be chance for confusion to occur... Ireland is green and white, Wales is predominantly red with a little bit of green and white.

Like this: http://www.scrum.com/rugbyworldcup/world_cup_photos/gallery45_engvwal/sunnysideup.jpg
Nup, i didnt see ya at all man. Too bad.

Did Porcelain do a cover of Delerium feat. Sarah Mclachlan's "Silence"?? Could have sworn i heard that song when i was at the bar last nite.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No, but it was very bloody similar though wasn't it, when we came in to watch them, we were behind the sound tech desk, and we ended up asking one of them, and he said it wasn't....

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
There was a meetup tonight, at unibar. It was organised ages beforehand. Those who attended:

<small>Yes, suz and I both decided I should use the same definition again. :)</small>
While we are on the topic of definitions, and while I applaud your spiffing practice of it, I question your correct use of them in the appropriate time frame.

*looks at the time poloktim posted the above message* :p

OK, I'm bored...

santaslayer

HSC
Re: Re: Re: A revisited definition.

Originally posted by gmraso
yere I noticed that as well but wasn't so pandantic and anal about pointing it out!!
OK, I'm really bored! :p

*pedantic*

Forgive me :D

santaslayer

HSC
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A revisited definition.

Originally posted by gmraso
FUCK YOU! (try to correct that arsehole!)
Like so? :p

* Fuck You! (Try to correct that arsehole!) *

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well actually:

* Fuck you! (Try to correct that arsehole) *

That's if we're being total grammer nazis of course :D

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
My use of tenses and times was quite correct, thank you. Though it could've been made better by replacing "tonight" with "this evening." There still is nothing wrong with how it is.

* Fuck you! (Try to correct that, arsehole). *
:)

santaslayer

HSC
My use of tenses and times was quite correct, thank you. Though it could've been made better by replacing "tonight" with "this evening." There still is nothing wrong with how it is.

* Fuck you! (Try to correct that, arsehole). *
:)
You posted at approximately 12:36am on the 18th and referred to your meetup as "tonight", which was in fact held on the 17th. Therefore, it is an incorrect use of time. :p

Why is everyone posting the same statement originally made by gmraso?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
You posted at approximately 12:36am on the 18th and referred to your meetup as "tonight", which was in fact held on the 17th. Therefore, it is an incorrect use of time. :p

Why is everyone posting the same statement originally made by gmraso?
Heh. It can be argued that "tonight" ends when it becomes dawn. Saying "last night" instead of "tonight" would have also caused confusion, since it was posted that night (and it indeed was still night).

Everyone's repeating gmraso's statement, because we're correcting it. We're each finding errors. :)

santaslayer

HSC
Heh. It can be argued that "tonight" ends when it becomes dawn. Saying "last night" instead of "tonight" would have also caused confusion, since it was posted that night (and it indeed was still night).
It is technically the next day at 12:00am. You were 36 minutes into the "next day". I win, I rule, you suck! :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:

I'm bored, everyone is still having exams. What has everyone done so far?

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
oh it was a good night wasnt it ppl......
especially me shouting drinks and having a big ball......
50 dollars well spent that night i say.....
ninga, another tequila shall we?
lol
man i wasnt even hammered..... just didnt want drink no more or else i would of been ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)