University of Wollongong announces South Western Sydney Campus in Liverpool. (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
Opening in 2017, the new campus will initially occupy two floors in the Liverpool City Council’s Moore Street building before moving into larger premises in Liverpool’s new Civic Place development, expected to be completed in 2019.

From the start of the 2017 academic year, the interim campus will offer programs reflecting Liverpool residents’ preferences, spanning disciplines from the University’s Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences and Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health as well as UOW College university entry and vocational training programs.

Source: http://media.uow.edu.au/releases/UO...e=social&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tourl

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Don't we have enough universities already? What are we going to do with all those worthless degrees being churned out?

Flop21

HSC
Don't we have enough universities already? What are we going to do with all those worthless degrees being churned out?
Everyone should have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge. More universities just make that easier. IMO, the more educated people, the better.

Flop21

HSC
But I do kind of get what you mean, some of these unis accept anyone, no matter how poorly you go in the HSC. Not sure how I feel about that though.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone should have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge. More universities just make that easier. IMO, the more educated people, the better.
Yes that is true but....

TAFE does that too. We have too much uni's + uni grads in AU and not enough people in TAFE.

TAFE is for the practical stuff (some civilian and some academic) and it goes hand in hand with UNI. Right now, TAFE is dying cause funding is being allocated more towards uni.

turntaker

HSC
Yes that is true but....

TAFE does that too. We have too much uni's + uni grads in AU and not enough people in TAFE.

TAFE is for the practical stuff (some civilian and some academic) and it goes hand in hand with UNI. Right now, TAFE is dying cause funding is being allocated more towards uni.
Yeah I think tafe needs to be promoted more.

Flop21

HSC
Yes that is true but....

Yeah it's disgusting them taking away TAFE funding.

And tbh you're right I'd rather more TAFE funding and funding going into existing unis.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
But I do kind of get what you mean, some of these unis accept anyone, no matter how poorly you go in the HSC. Not sure how I feel about that though.
Yeah. Like although sometimes I have regrets, I'm 99% happy with my decision to stick with WSU and for the most part it's fine. I think my least favourite thing about attending this uni is (excuse my bigotry) the fact that despite all of the hard work I put into getting my offer/s, there are people sitting next to me who literally got mystery marks and maybe this makes me a horrible person lol but I'm just not sure how I feel about that.

turntaker

HSC
Yeah. Like although sometimes I have regrets, I'm 99% happy with my decision to stick with WSU and for the most part it's fine. I think my least favourite thing about attending this uni is (excuse my bigotry) the fact that despite all of the hard work I put into getting my offer/s, there are people sitting next to me who literally got mystery marks and maybe this makes me a horrible person lol but I'm just not sure how I feel about that.
they will not graduate unless they up their game, if they do then I think they deserve to be there.
One bad mark shouldn't affect their desire to pursue higher education.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
they will not graduate unless they up their game, if they do then I think they deserve to be there.
One bad mark shouldn't affect their desire to pursue higher education.
But what about the people who talk throughout lectures even after being told off by the lecturers and rock up to tutorials half an hour late holding mcdonalds and not able to answer any questions about anything because they haven't done anything :(

edit: they still get my just passing and therefore will most likely finish their degrees the same as the rest of us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)