Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flop21
  • 1 Post By nerdasdasd

Thread: University of Wollongong announces South Western Sydney Campus in Liverpool.

HSC

University of Wollongong announces South Western Sydney Campus in Liverpool.

Opening in 2017, the new campus will initially occupy two floors in the Liverpool City Council’s Moore Street building before moving into larger premises in Liverpool’s new Civic Place development, expected to be completed in 2019.

From the start of the 2017 academic year, the interim campus will offer programs reflecting Liverpool residents’ preferences, spanning disciplines from the University’s Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences and Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health as well as UOW College university entry and vocational training programs.

Source: http://media.uow.edu.au/releases/UOW...campaign=tourl
    "I have crippling depression" -Mahatma Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    lol

Loquacious One
    HSC
    N/A

Re: University of Wollongong announces South Western Sydney Campus in Liverpool.

Don't we have enough universities already? What are we going to do with all those worthless degrees being churned out?
    1-on-1 Maths Tutoring(IB & HSC): Epping, Beecroft, Eastwood, Carlingford & Beyond
    IB: Maths Studies, Maths SL & Maths HL; HSC: 2U, 3U & 4U
    Highly Qualified & Highly Experienced. Estimated ATAR > 9.995
    There are IB Maths Tutors and there are IB Maths Tutors.

HSC

Re: University of Wollongong announces South Western Sydney Campus in Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Drongoski View Post
    Don't we have enough universities already? What are we going to do with all those worthless degrees being churned out?
    Everyone should have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge. More universities just make that easier. IMO, the more educated people, the better.
    turntaker likes this.
    2015 HSC: English Adv, Mathematics, Business Studies, Biology, Multimedia.

HSC Biology Flashcards

HSC

But I do kind of get what you mean, some of these unis accept anyone, no matter how poorly you go in the HSC. Not sure how I feel about that though.

HSC Biology Flashcards

HSC
    N/A

Your move Newcastle.

Dont.msg.me.about.english nerdasdasd's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Flop21 View Post
    Everyone should have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge. More universities just make that easier. IMO, the more educated people, the better.
    Yes that is true but....

TAFE does that too. We have too much uni's + uni grads in AU and not enough people in TAFE.

TAFE is for the practical stuff (some civilian and some academic) and it goes hand in hand with UNI. Right now, TAFE is dying cause funding is being allocated more towards uni.
    turntaker likes this.
    HSC PAPERS >>http://sdrv.ms/H3cL7l
    2013 HSC papers >> http://sdrv.ms/H3cOQk
    HSC NOTES >> http://sdrv.ms/GXNPyo
    PHYSICS MC and ANSWERS >> http://sdrv.ms/H3da9C
    PHYSICS CORE OPTIONS HARD TEST (with solutions)>> http://sdrv.ms/GXNTOQ
    Sorted HSC Q's >> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cls...ns_%2B_options

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nerdasdasd View Post
    Yes that is true but....

TAFE does that too. We have too much uni's + uni grads in AU and not enough people in TAFE.

TAFE is for the practical stuff (some civilian and some academic) and it goes hand in hand with UNI. Right now, TAFE is dying cause funding is being allocated more towards uni.
    Yeah I think tafe needs to be promoted more.
    lol

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nerdasdasd View Post
    Yes that is true but....

Yeah it's disgusting them taking away TAFE funding.

And tbh you're right I'd rather more TAFE funding and funding going into existing unis.

HSC Biology Flashcards

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Flop21 View Post
    But I do kind of get what you mean, some of these unis accept anyone, no matter how poorly you go in the HSC. Not sure how I feel about that though.
    Yeah. Like although sometimes I have regrets, I'm 99% happy with my decision to stick with WSU and for the most part it's fine. I think my least favourite thing about attending this uni is (excuse my bigotry) the fact that despite all of the hard work I put into getting my offer/s, there are people sitting next to me who literally got mystery marks and maybe this makes me a horrible person lol but I'm just not sure how I feel about that.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by mcchicken View Post
    Yeah. Like although sometimes I have regrets, I'm 99% happy with my decision to stick with WSU and for the most part it's fine. I think my least favourite thing about attending this uni is (excuse my bigotry) the fact that despite all of the hard work I put into getting my offer/s, there are people sitting next to me who literally got mystery marks and maybe this makes me a horrible person lol but I'm just not sure how I feel about that.
    they will not graduate unless they up their game, if they do then I think they deserve to be there.
    One bad mark shouldn't affect their desire to pursue higher education.
    lol

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by turntaker View Post
    they will not graduate unless they up their game, if they do then I think they deserve to be there.
    One bad mark shouldn't affect their desire to pursue higher education.
    But what about the people who talk throughout lectures even after being told off by the lecturers and rock up to tutorials half an hour late holding mcdonalds and not able to answer any questions about anything because they haven't done anything

edit: they still get my just passing and therefore will most likely finish their degrees the same as the rest of us

Thread Information