Early Entry: How did u go? (1 Viewer)

argo0986

TrAsHy GuY
HSC
Hey all

Did the Early Entry Interviews?
I did mine and it wasn't as bad as i thought-im a bit worried if i dun get it
Whats a percentage of people who either get a condition or better?

Habib

HSC
i thought you dont find out till next week?

neuro_logik

HSC
I went for mine, my internet sci one went pretty well, they were impressed with my project and interests in the course, and thay said they would hope to see me next year which is a plus. My comp sci interview went really well they were also impressed with my major project, programming experience, linux/unix work, but they were concerned with my maths trial result, they said that a condition that i would have to improve my maths mark and focus on it more. Overall I think i did good all i need is that letter to sort things out.

benno22

HSC
N/A
Day started out driving down the F6 in seriously fucked up conditions, had to put the hazards on at some parts of the road, couldn’t see shit. Got to the uni, went to uni bar to chill out for the next hour, listened to the deans speech, then went for my interview.

I did ok I spose, just the interviewers didn’t ask much at all, only 2 questions I got were why Wollongong and why networking, interview went for like 9 minutes. Didn’t look at my portfolio in much detail, just skimmed it, didn’t even read references from my IPT and SDD teachers. They looked at my IPT and SDD major assignments, they seemed pretty interested seeing it was done in java. My report went ok, they just picked up my english is up shit creek, so im guessing ill probs get a conditional entry with requirements to go good in english.

I was going for the Bachelor Information Communication Technology (network systems and management), anyone else go for this??

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I got accepted for early entry about the same time argo0986's brother got in. :D

equiski

HSC
I really enjoyed visiting Wollongong University, and I want nothing more (education-wise) than to study Medical Radiation Physics there. My interview didn't go so bad; the two proffesors were really nice. We chatted about all different stuff. They seemed interested that I was in a band but were a bit concerned about my maths mark. My portfolio wasn't looked at, though I gave them a portfolio summary; which I think they skimmed over. After the interview, which took around 20 minutes, this really cute Medical Physics student showed me all the labs... that was awesome.

These were my school assesment results;

English Standard
Modified Mark: 70

Physics
Modified Mark: 86

Chemistry
Modified Mark: 82

Mathematics
Modified Mark: 67

Extension Mathematics
Modified Mark: 30/50

Geography
Modified Mark: 88

Do you think I have a chance of getting early entry? It would be wonderful to go into the exams not having to worry about not getting what I want.

Habib

HSC
i like your chances, those look like awesome marks and ranks :)

So when do we find out? A friend told me friday and my interviewer told me 'by Oct 11' (monday). I wanna know now :p

equiski

HSC
Thanks Habib! My Interviewer told me that we should get them within 2 weeks, as long as no problems arise. That was on last Tuesday, so I guess that Monday the 11th sounds right.

Ninga

HSC
Everyone loves the medical radiation physics :)

equiski - did u have a guy or a girl take you around?

equiski

HSC
A gorgeous female 3rd year student XD.

Ninga

HSC
equiski said:
A gorgeous female 3rd year student XD.
Ha. I'll let her know for you mate. Obviously you're male. If you had your interview on monday you might have caught me in the lab. But yeah, good luck.

equiski

HSC
Hehe, It took me a few minutes to realise that you do Medical Radiation Physics and that you probably know her. Chances i'll come off seeming really uncool if you go telling her I said that :D.

Seriously.

By the way... I was there on Tuesday, so I missed out on meeting Proffesor Rosenfeld; which is a shame.

toymachine

Yeah i had mine, going for mech eng/comp sci. I was told i had to try and improve my english mark of 73, and the fact that i dont do chemistry means i cant get unconditional entry....so i still gotsta try and get an alright UAI. So does anyone know when we find out....?

RaineeDays

HSC
Well i went for my interview last friday for Medicinal Chemistry..n i got a letter yesterday saying that i got in :) so maybe the different faculties send the letters at different times..? At the interview they basically baha-ed at my maths mark..(68) but thats cos it was a shit exam..n if it wasnt for some ppl in 3 unit..everyone would have gotten scalled up massively. But yeh..good luck everyone :)

equiski

HSC
So, what kind of trial marks did you get all around?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)