UAI Cutoff Dilemma (1 Viewer)

argo0986

TrAsHy GuY
HSC
Ok i got my UAI and it was 87.95

Wot i wana do is either B COmmerce/B Communications and Media- 90
OR
B Commerce/B Laws- 91

With the three extra uni points it will add to 90.95 which means i missed out on .05 to do B Commerce/B Laws which i prefer the most

What are my chances of getting in this one if i plead my case

Thanx

Sonik

HSC
N/A
I'm in exactly the same posy...I missed out by 1...what can we do?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Holy crap. I don't believe it.

I also got 87.95, and wanted to do a BMedSci/LLB, with the 3 point bonus. Sucks, doesn't it?

neuro_logik

HSC
I'm in the same Dilemma, but different somewhat.. I got my UAI required in my Conditional Early Entry for Internet Science and Comp Sci (required 75+ for both. I got 75.20) and met all the requirements for Internet Science (60/100 in Maths, 50 in Adv. English) but I want to get into Comp Sci it required 50/100 for Adv. English and 75/100 for Maths, I got 71 for maths. I'm going to call Informatics on Monday and state my case, hope I can get in, either way its a win win situation for me.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Basically the best thing you can do is contact the respective faculties (some of you have two faculties to contact), and ask them what the best course of action is. If you've got the courses as the top preference, then there's a chance they'll let you enroll anyway. However, there's also a chance they'll tell you to eat shit and die. So contacting them won't necessarily lead to happiness.

You could also enroll in another course, and get at least credit averages (having a WAM of at least 65), then contact respective faculties regarding change.

neuro_logik

HSC
poloktim said:
Basically the best thing you can do is contact the respective faculties (some of you have two faculties to contact), and ask them what the best course of action is. If you've got the courses as the top preference, then there's a chance they'll let you enroll anyway. However, there's also a chance they'll tell you to eat shit and die. So contacting them won't necessarily lead to happiness.

You could also enroll in another course, and get at least credit averages (having a WAM of at least 65), then contact respective faculties regarding change.
Thanks a lot for your help, calling them is worth a shot though, either way if I don't get Comp. Sci there is Internet Sci to fall back on.

neuro_logik

HSC
They are doing call arounds today to discuss your UAI and HSC results....... also I am guaranteed into Internet Science and Computer Science :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)