Dear 1st Year Students (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Congrats on making it.

Just making a point on notifying you that the Duckpond Lawn party is a must turn upto event, and that Unibar Trivia is at 12:30pm and 3:30pm every Tuesday where you win free drinks, concert tickets, shirts and money.

Hope to see you there.

Ninga

HSC
I think the party which you are referring to is the garden party? Usually in the 3rd week of 1st session uni, Thursday night. Biggest night of the year pretty much. And congrats for getting in. Good luck with the coming year :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Generator said:
Ninga, are you there for three or four years?
Tony's there forever. :>

They're right though, the Garden Party is the biggest night of the year... that being said, I still won't go. Probably.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Dear Raiks, after reading many of your posts over the past few days i have come to the conclusion that you must mention uni trivia in every second post. the end. Love Tenille.

balh will uow eventually end me an idiots guide to understanding uni :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You forgot to mention UOW's lovely water features.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
oh and the library fans and water fountins that don'tsquirt up high...and the ducks i hate ducks and the icy spinage rolls which were green slop covered with icky "pastry"

Ninga

HSC
Generator said:
Ninga, are you there for three or four years?
Im there for 4 years to do my honours degree, then probably/possibly a masters. Or a job. Or, if the sky falls, and i get first class honours and a scholarship, a phD. I like to leave my options open.

To the first years - Garden party is a good night. Just be sure to enjoy your first year of uni, it is a transition year, so don't worry if you dont score 90+ in everything. Look to experience as much as you can, and yet still pass by the skin of your balls. If you don't you'll wonder why you didnt do more when you were in first year when you get to later years.

And one other thing...play ultimate frisbee :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yes, Garden Party... I was have a mental block trying to think of it in that last post.

And I love my Trivia, I only missed one Trivia Tuesday all year last year. :D Its an excuse to finish uni at 12pm and not leave the unibar till close.

Plus, UOW does have an abundance of water features.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
Yes, Garden Party... I was have a mental block trying to think of it in that last post.

And I love my Trivia, I only missed one Trivia Tuesday all year last year. :D Its an excuse to finish uni at 12pm and not leave the unibar till close.

Plus, UOW does have an abundance of water features.
Ziff was being a facetious little snot. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ziff thinks that the place which proves that Hell does infact freeze over is better than Wollongong.... after he spends a winter there he'll be begging to come to UOW to join our unibar and lovely girls who don't wear black coats and scarfs. ANU may be a decent uni but its a hellhole of a place to stay.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Actually if I hate Canberra I'll strive for a D average and move to Sydney :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
So anywhere else besides UOW just to be stubborn.... :p

speersy

HSC
N/A
Tenille said:
oh and the library fans and water fountins that don'tsquirt up high...and the ducks i hate ducks and the icy spinage rolls which were green slop covered with icky "pastry"
You forgot the eels, they are really funny.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Sorry to sound like a bitch but with that UAI Ziff you'll never make it to Sydney.

And Id be careful of counting your eggs before they're in the basket, ANU law is due for a UAI rise and you've only got 1.1 points to play with.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe don't worry I was pretty much a loner for first semester too. Have made some awesome friends now though.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
We used to have meets in first semester. They didn't happen anymore after the end of exams night at the unibar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)