Wusa (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lets just say there are 15000 undergrads in the uni.

$351 * 15000 = $5,265,000

surely there can't be that many staff to hire?

santaslayer

HSC
There's heaps.

UoW Security, Unishop, Teaching staff, Other Services like Career services, Library staff, Photocopying staff, Landscapers, Cleaners (toilets) and then,
Scholarships, Open Days/Discovery Days (think of the free stationary :D), Information nights, Marketing, Maintenance, and also,
Paying overtime for certain staff right now because apparently UoW is being audited soon...they need to develop a lot of "policies" and standards to deal with different situations.

I think there's more...:p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
wusa certainly don't pay academic staff

EDIT: or library staff, or anything to do with groundskeeping....that is all the university, not the student union. Student union pays for student-related services (and don't be a smartarse and say everything in the uni is a student service!)

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
I can see alot of people not paying union fees when it becomes optional
For sure, not because they don't believe in student services, but because they are tightarses who can't justify spending $351 when they could spend it on themselves in the form of petrol, alcohol, drugs and call girls.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Raiks said:
For sure, not because they don't believe in student services, but because they are tightarses who can't justify spending $351 when they could spend it on themselves in the form of petrol, alcohol, drugs and call girls.
the only student services i can think of that I use are the clubs and societies and URAC.

alot of people prolly don't use any.

I was just wondering where $5 million would go. And their email is down, lol.

it can't be all on the tert :rolleyes:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
the only student services i can think of that I use are the clubs and societies and URAC.

alot of people prolly don't use any.

I was just wondering where $5 million would go. And their email is down, lol.

it can't be all on the tert :rolleyes:
They do stuff like fund the uni child care service, subsidise bands, pay for the free bbq on tuesdays, urac, clubs and societies, the tert, subsidise food (which I highly doubt actually happens) and a lot of things for disadvantaged students such as grants, the 2nd hand bookshop, scholarships etc. They do a lot of things, but as you said, many aren't used by the student majority... I can't see why a lot of things can't be run by the uni and the whole student union to be disbanded, especially at UOW since they've got a bumbling lot who infight with the postgrad student union. Isn't the saying, together we stand, divided we fall... whats the point in having 2 student unions.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
From what I have seen so far, food doesn't seem to be especially cheap. I certainly won't be paying union fees when it becomes optional, and that says a lot because I don't pay it my parents pay it. I just don't use any of the services at all, so there is no point paying for them.

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
From what I have seen so far, food doesn't seem to be especially cheap. I certainly won't be paying union fees when it becomes optional, and that says a lot because I don't pay it my parents pay it. I just don't use any of the services at all, so there is no point paying for them.
Yeah, OMFG....

The fucken small plate of chips rose by $0.10 ....@ the unibar...

piss me off....esp when i had only $2.20 that fucken day....LoLz

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
santaslayer said:
Yeah, OMFG....

The fucken small plate of chips rose by $0.10 ....@ the unibar...

piss me off....esp when i had only $2.20 that fucken day....LoLz
I'm paying an extra 20c for my chips and drink each lunch time now. And since my first year, it's risen an entire $1.

Fuckers.

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Fish and Chips and a drink today cost me $8.50
Has anyone tried the new Sedjuiced place which replaced the Engine Burger Room thingy? (in the aZn cafe thingy)

I'm broke.....coz I eat a LOT. :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
Has anyone tried the new Sedjuiced place which replaced the Engine Burger Room thingy? (in the aZn cafe thingy)

I'm broke.....coz I eat a LOT. :p
huh?

i thought it changed to something else? ie. no longer a burger joint.

i eat at makinnon cause cheaper.

santaslayer

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
huh?

i thought it changed to something else? ie. no longer a burger joint.

i eat at makinnon cause cheaper.
Yeah...i said it replaced the Engine Room.

It's more of a health food bar now. There are still burgers though....but they're all healthy...like the free range chicken sandwich or whateva...and that steak burger with dijonaaise mustard or whateva...i cant spell...

wtf is there @ mckinnon? that cafe thingy?

santaslayer

HSC
nuh... fuel silos on the other side maaaan.
this ones nearer to the unibar...still inside the asian place though

fuel silo ...some of the stuff there is shit...like the $4.50 worth of lettuce...wtf?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
Yeah...i said it replaced the Engine Room.

It's more of a health food bar now. There are still burgers though....but they're all healthy...like the free range chicken sandwich or whateva...and that steak burger with dijonaaise mustard or whateva...i cant spell...

wtf is there @ mckinnon? that cafe thingy?
uhhhh... its in your picture....

under the cafe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)