TrAsHy GuY
HSC
Hey whos doin first year law at UOW?

how u finding it so far? im currently jus passing so im doing fairly poorly :(

misskitty2058

Yaaaaarrrrr!!
HSC
Hey,
I'm doing 2nd year law, and I remember in first year alot of people were just passing. So alot of people are in the same boat. I just passed. Hang in there cause it does get better.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Law sucks, I was a law student and the moment I realised a law degree wasn't all it was cracked up to be was on the second day of semester as a first year law student. Several people I was in a tutorial/seminar with and I were discussing a possession case that we had to read. One guy reiterated the holding, which was essentially that possession is 9/10ths of the law. Being a smartass, I replied, "Ah yes, that goes back to the classic case of Finders vs. Keepers." The guy looked at me, then started tearing through his book. "I didn't see that case. Where did you find it? Were we supposed to read it?"

I abhored law and everything that went with it... but good luck to you. :D *thumbs up*

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah in first year most people just barely pass. Don't know why. I only just passed Foundations. And now Ive got a Distinction average this year. First year sucks, just hang in there!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
im a 1st year law kid
im keeping it till the end of the year then i will evaluate what i want to do...
are you in any of my tutes?

thurday 4.30 llb 100
monday 6.30 llb 110

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I'm in first year law at the moment, and I'm getting through it. LLB110 is a joke, though I find that LLB100 takes a bit of effort.

I just keep telling myself it will get more interesting next year. For those of you in or already past 2nd year, please do not 'enlighten' me if it doesn't. My ignorance sustains me.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
You could always ditch law and become an arts student instead... arts is fun.

santaslayer

HSC
hfis said:
I'm in first year law at the moment, and I'm getting through it. LLB110 is a joke, though I find that LLB100 takes a bit of effort.

I just keep telling myself it will get more interesting next year. For those of you in or already past 2nd year, please do not 'enlighten' me if it doesn't. My ignorance sustains me.
110 is essential for future reference on research methodologies. I found it to be quite practical and essential.

Yes, it will get more interesting. About 48 pages of reading /seminar for Public Law and about 10000000000 pages for Crim. Yay!!! :p

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Raiks said:
You could always ditch law and become an arts student instead... arts is fun.

I'm so close to doing that myself it's not funny :p (with architecture)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Josie said:
I'm so close to doing that myself it's not funny :p (with architecture)
SAME! All I think about is how cool architecture would be instead!...But I think a bit of maths etc is involved...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Nah, only basic maths...... in the intro to structural engineering course... at unsw anyway.

All I can think of is how gay architecture is :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, it would be in reality. But I like to imagine building great big coordinated cities. You would control how far they'd walk, what they'd see and when. etc. The humans will be my toys---The Humans Will Be My Toys...
...I think I got too attached to lego.

I guess it'd be hum-drum little home extentions for grannies etc though.

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It'd get there.... after 7 years of torture (to become registered), 5-10 years doing nothing more than drafting in architectural firms, and then you realising you really need to open your own business to get anything done. Then you do the granny flats. :D

(Can you tell? I'm bitter about my degree)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Architecture is a 5.5 year degree fulltime. But to become registered you need to do 2 years work experience (1.5 years after completion of degree).

UNSW is one of the only unis to have a singular degree for the 5+ years, most unis do a 3 year degree first (either BSc(arch) or BArts(Arch) or BAppSci(Arch), and then a B Arch for the last 2 years.

I'm doing the BScArch at unsw cause i had a povo uai. The Science Architecture degree is only 3 years and is meant to be basically architectural computing (modelling etc). I loved it, except it has a concurrent first year with the architecture degree (yerch).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)