Early Entry for 2006 (1 Viewer)

Emsy Page

I havent as yet.......however, i think it is very unlikey that i will actually get in......but hey ill give it a go!

StevChe

HSC
i tried applying for early entry but it asks for hsc number? i havent got that wat is it? can someone help me out on this do i need to c my careers advisor

Scanorama

HSC
StevChe said:
i tried applying for early entry but it asks for hsc number? i havent got that wat is it? can someone help me out on this do i need to c my careers advisor
Your student number, the nine digits number, same as the one you had for Year 10 SC test.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Yep.

They probably just take as many people as they can so they can reach the limit of domestics and haul in the money paying International students. Who will sometimes fail due to lack of English skill, but are still accepted (for example the bloke in my CSCI103 tute who could only speak Mandorin and German).

Way to go.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
Yep.

They probably just take as many people as they can so they can reach the limit of domestics and haul in the money paying International students. Who will sometimes fail due to lack of English skill, but are still accepted (for example the bloke in my CSCI103 tute who could only speak Mandorin and German).

Way to go.
How on earth can you speak Mandorin and German? What type of combination is that?

But on early entry, UOW has a history of giving astronomical amounts of positions to early entry.

crossmyheart

HSC
i thought that the creative arts faculty also offered early entry? well they did last year apparently... are they not this year?

rajeev

HSC
i want to try for early entry in business or commerce courses.. but they dont have it! all uni's only have it for like engineering etc.. :(

aaaman

Banned
HSC
well can sum1 tell me if i have a chance of getting in wiv these ranks:

1/7 - software
4/40 2U maths
60/80 stand eng
7/16 phys
8/23 legal

Scanorama

HSC
aaaman said:
well can sum1 tell me if i have a chance of getting in wiv these ranks:

1/7 - software
4/40 2U maths
60/80 stand eng
7/16 phys
8/23 legal
Depends on your marks, if they are all above 80s, then you have a decent chance to get a guarantee offer, otherwise it is likely to be a conditional offer.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Depends on your marks, if they are all above 80s, then you have a decent chance to get a guarantee offer, otherwise it is likely to be a conditional offer.
well my school marks us really hard but wat type of things do ya get wiv a conditional offer

Scanorama

HSC
aaaman said:
well my school marks us really hard but wat type of things do ya get wiv a conditional offer
My marks in my trial exam last year:
Standard English: 54/100 Exam Rank: 5/63 Cumulative Rank: 21/63
General Maths: 82/100 Exam Rank: 1/51 Cumulative Rank: 1/51
Chemistry: 71/100 Exam Rank: 3/13 Cumulative Rank: 4/13
IPT: 56/100 Exam Rank: 3/21 Cumulative Rank: 3/21
SDD: 54/100 Exam Rank: 4/13 Cumulative Rank: 2/13

I got a conditional offer, the conditions were: Standard English: at least 65/100, General Maths: 85/100, UAI: 75

At the end, I met the requirenments for Standard English and Maths, but I only got a UAI of 70.75 I rang them up and they accpeted me at the end.

Scanorama

HSC
Murf said:
oi wtf.. u did general maths right???

i read in the UAC book i needed advanced maths to do compsci and i was pissed off so i emailed that sonia jennings lady and she told me that its a requirment for advanced maths as well :-\ wtf but at the careers expo they said it wasent... im so confused...did u have any entry probs with gen maths?

murf
I was scared by the 2U maths assumed knowledge on the UAC book but during the interview, I asked the interviewer, I think it was Peter Castle, he said that shouldnt be a problem. It turns out one of the first year core subject, MATH121 - Discrete Maths needs to have an assumed knowledge of at least Band 4 in 2U maths. It was a bit hard for me to study this subject, but after a whole session of hard working, I got 68 (credit) in the final exam. Thats the only problem I have with general maths.

If you get a good mark (Band 5+) in general maths, that you should be fine, i got 86 in my final HSC.

Discrete maths isn't exactly like 2U maths, if you have some algebra knowledge, then it will help you heaps in this subject.

If you are doing SDD, it will help you a lot during your first session in Computer Science, many people struggled because they dont have any programming background.

Many people that enrolled in the subject have previously attended TAFE, and many of them didnt do 2U maths in their HSC.

By the way if you like to find out more about Computer Science, instead of ringing Sonia Jennings, you can try Peter Castle, the degree coordinators, 4221-3837.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Murf said:
years ago apparently they offered it for the commerce dept, but apparently droped it... too much effort probably LoL....

murf
It's true, once upon a time back in '01/'02, they offered commerce as a early entry.... Yes, I've been at UOW long enough to remember that, mostly for the fact that I got into a commerce degree via early entry.

Today, UOW uses early entry placements in the same way builders use putty, to fill the spaces.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
My marks in my trial exam last year:
Standard English: 54/100 Exam Rank: 5/63 Cumulative Rank: 21/63
General Maths: 82/100 Exam Rank: 1/51 Cumulative Rank: 1/51
Chemistry: 71/100 Exam Rank: 3/13 Cumulative Rank: 4/13
IPT: 56/100 Exam Rank: 3/21 Cumulative Rank: 3/21
SDD: 54/100 Exam Rank: 4/13 Cumulative Rank: 2/13

I got a conditional offer, the conditions were: Standard English: at least 65/100, General Maths: 85/100, UAI: 75

At the end, I met the requirenments for Standard English and Maths, but I only got a UAI of 70.75 I rang them up and they accpeted me at the end.
but i do advance maths and im doing well in the rest of my subjects wiv high 70's expect for english so i dunno

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)