FAQ: The 8 Rules of Transferring (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Are you unhappy with your degree? Are you sick of your major? Do you sit in your tutorial and think to yourself “I don’t even like the subject matter and there isn’t even any attractive people to perve on”?

Well if you answered yes to any of that, then you should read this guide.

Rule One: If you find yourself in a place you don’t want to be, then aim to get out of there. The first rule to achieving this is to find something you do fancy yourself studying for the next few years. There’s no point withdrawing from a course to just sit on your behind thinking to yourself “Where do I want to go today?” If you do end up doing that, then the answer to that: it’s the local Woolworths to collect your nightshift shelf packing application.

Rule Two: The second rule is to pass whatever subject you are not liking/hating/abhorring. You may not want to turn up but if you have missed the withdrawal date, then that mark will stay with you and your academic transcript paper, a vital tool for your prospective transfer. Put your metaphorical piece of body to the metaphorical grindstone and pass that bitch of a subject… and then claim that the low mark was due to being late to your final exam and never getting to complete it. Make a story up to go along with which includes a car breakdown/a house on fire/saving children from terrorists so the person involved in approving your transfer feels sympathy towards that low mark.

Rule Three: When going for that transfer, get on the offensive, demand that transfer because you really want to get into that degree. Shift the focus away from why you are running as far away as possible from your current degree, to how you are itching at the bit to get into the degree you realised is perfect for you. The lines ‘I’ve finally found what I really have a passion for and want a career in’ and ‘I found what I enjoy and am motivated to succeed in’ are better reasons than ‘I really detested law and I just want to get the hell away from it’.

Rule Four: The subdean is your friend. I know you hate her, I know you’ve been booted out of lectures by her for throwing paper planes from the back of Hope Theatre to the stage, but you have to like her, she is the gatekeeper. Call them Maam or Sir or no gender specific title due to you being unsure about their genetic makeup. They just aren’t putting their signature on your transfer, they are helping you and are putting more effort in than needed, tell them that and thank them for it. Repeatedly. I don’t care if you think it is sickenly friendly, it’s getting you that transfer.

Rule Five: You have become the subdean’s friend, now disappear. There tends to be 2 subdeans and a dean, which means you can rotate your transfer applications between 3 people for every faculty, it makes you seem less annoying and dedicated to actually completing a degree.
Rule Six: Do subjects that overlap degrees so if you transfer, you don’t lose as many credit points. It reduces the amount of time you need to be at UOW, which is a good thing.

Rule Seven: Changing majors can be done automatically through the admin office, collect the form and give it to them in person, don’t put it in the box, because admin have an unbelievable talent in fucking everything up, regardless of how simple it is.

Rule Eight: As your degree changing will cause you to be at uni 8 years for a 3 year degree, you should never admit it. Once you reach 3rd or 4th year, you are there for life, never admit to being a 5th/6th/7th year student because those young kids in your Aust101 or Accy101 or Pol110 class will think you are an idiot who is doing 1st year subjects in their umpteenth year at uni.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
there is nothing wrong with Woolworths *runs to the corner and cries*

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Tenille said:
there is nothing wrong with Woolworths *runs to the corner and cries*

haha...yes there is :D

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Thanks Raiks, it was very relevant :)

How long do you have to stay in a degree until they'll take your transfer request seriously? A semester? A year? Two years?

I have a feeling that i got accepted into the wrong degree. Got into B Nursing, but would rather do anything psych related, whether it be even just a BA or Bsc..

At least i'm in the same faculty as psych? :confused:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Thanks Raiks, it was very relevant :)

How long do you have to stay in a degree until they'll take your transfer request seriously? A semester? A year? Two years?

I have a feeling that i got accepted into the wrong degree. Got into B Nursing, but would rather do anything psych related, whether it be even just a BA or Bsc..

At least i'm in the same faculty as psych? :confused:
Usually it's 6 months minimum but after a year increases your chances since you'd be displaying that although you've given your degree a good chance and worked hard, you've decided that you'd rather do something else.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: UOW FAQ: The 8 Rules of Transferring

heya i wanna transfer to primary school edu..... so i can transfer after 6 mths right? but how do i do that?? i don't know where to get information about it

Scanorama

HSC
Re: UOW FAQ: The 8 Rules of Transferring

chooky_girl26 said:
heya i wanna transfer to primary school edu..... so i can transfer after 6 mths right? but how do i do that?? i don't know where to get information about it
me too, I'm now in the 2nd year of my course. I wasn't so sure about changing degree last year, but this session, i'm certain I want to ditch my degree and change to Primary Education.... Let me know how you go :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)