Wtf? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
I got this in my unimail....and I only use webmailk for uni crap...

Dear ct499,

Today, I returned to my car to find a note on my windshield which simply read:

"A tree fell on your car... There is a dent on the passenger's side."

Sure enough, my car had been extensively damaged by a tree or tree branch which had mysteriously disappeared before I received the note.
My car is a Red 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q which was, up until this incident, immaculate.

I have only just purchased this car and it cost me every cent I had. Now a tree - in the university south-western car park - has fallen on my poor car.
If you saw my car when the tree fell on it, or after it had happened - then please contact me.

My contact details are:
Email: adjp568@uow.edu.au
Mobile: 0404 987 785
After Hours: 02 4443 9174

If you are the person who left me the message on my windshield, could you also please contact me - I very much appreciated the notice, but I really need a witness.
Someone has obviously removed the tree branch (quite possibly a university security or grounds employee), so someone has seen this.

Thank you very much for reading this, and I hope that someone will come forward to help me out.

Regards,
Adam Poole

Anyway, I'm don't really care about his car...I'm just curious as to how in the hell he got my email address?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i got it as well. haha
why does he need to speak to someone about seeing the tree hit the car? is he going to sue the tree for damages and needs a witness to make his case credible...

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Hah! Well done! He must've got a copy of every student's login details. Well done!

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim said:
Hah! Well done! He must've got a copy of every student's login details. Well done!
Now how the fuck did he do that.
More specifically, can I sue the crap outta him for obtaining my email address and spamming it?

Please refer to the Spam Act. (I think I saw that act in one of WW's posts...LoLz)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
He didn't spam you. He wasn't selling anything. Also, it's not too hard to get a copy of everyone's account details. I wouldn't think, at least. They don't seem to be too secure when it comes to giving staff student information. They're more strict on students, but still we're not overly restricted.

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim said:
He didn't spam you. He wasn't selling anything. Also, it's not too hard to get a copy of everyone's account details. I wouldn't think, at least. They don't seem to be too secure when it comes to giving staff student information. They're more strict on students, but still we're not overly restricted.
The dude called me by ct499...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
maybe he got on of the admins at I>T>S to send it to everyone... its possible to have that done

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Someone told me they got that email today. And I just checked and I have it aswell.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I just checked mine then, and I have it too.
Like I know what happened, I wasn't even at uni today.
Plus it seems kind of obvious... a tree fell and dented the car. How many witnesses does he need?

Last edited:

nomz

i gots it aswell, what i wanna know is who the hell has enough time to sit around and personalise it for each individual email address?

Ninga

HSC
Can u send an email out to every single email? I know you used to be able to look up peoples emails using Wascal i think it was...maybe you could send an email out to the whole system using it too...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I got this email also, I kinda feel for the guy.

He is trying to track down the person who left the note because it sounds as though the uni carpark security dudes have seen it happen and quickly removed the offending branch to make it look like he had just been hit by another car......because this guy has presumably paid for his parking in south-western he may have legal grounds for some sort of compensation....

On the other hand I am slightly suspicious that the person who wrote the note actually hit the car with their car, and if someone else saw them do it this person has written a note to make it look like they're giving them their details but are actually writing something else....

In any case I left Western carpark at 2.30ish this afternoon and the security dudes were trooping around looking for a red pulsar...there was one parked next to me, but it was the wrong one.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ninga said:
Can u send an email out to every single email? I know you used to be able to look up peoples emails using Wascal i think it was...maybe you could send an email out to the whole system using it too...
I'm sure if you put your mind to it, Ninga, you'd figure out how to. :)

HSC
Way to raise your profile at the uni though. If it wasn't a guaranteed way to get your account banned for a little while, I'd send one just saying hi :)

(Where one = many thousands)

Also, as useful as the database is, I can't help but feel that it lends itself to abuse like this. Harvesting the addresses, imagine the possibilities!

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
gmraso said:
I'm sure it was done by some IT boffon that was symapthetic to the guys cause.
Nope, no help. I know exactly how he did it. He confirmed it today. The mail was sent to all staff/students at Wollongong, Shoalhaven, Bateman's Bay (or is it Bega?), Moss Vale, Loftus, Sydney, Singapore, and Dubai. Whoops. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)