Moving from Sydney to Wollonong (1 Viewer)

Sergio_Rebelo1

HSC
Who has done this? WHat was it like? How did you cope? Was it better? was it worse? PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS lol

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I'd also add Tom (DTC)'s post on the poor kids at the Gong Maccas.

"Our mum and dads are at home having pot and making sex."

santaslayer

HSC
I still travel to the Gong.
Live in Beverly Hills (SYD)
Go to Hurstville station by bus or car. (15mins/8mins respectively)
Hurstville direct to the Gong by train. (1hr 10mins?)
Nrth Gong Station to Uni. (5mins by bus. 15-18 mins by foot)

All up?
Hr and a half?

I don't find it hard since I like my sleep. Train is good for sleep, except when you find that the train is crowded with loud people. I hate that. Early train rides are the worse. Primary and Secondary kids talking about who likes who and who hates who. Other than that I like my train rides. Ipod is my best buddy if I can't sleep.

The shittest thing is when it's too hot or too cold. I hate that. But that has nothing to do with travel, since it isn't a changeable factor.

A lot of people like to study on the train too.

Trains are usually on time. Suprisingly.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Jess-a_belle said:
i just moved from port macquarie to the gong. i love it :D
thats cause its a kick ass city

come to glassy on wed, if yor lucky u might see me

Jess-a_belle

HSC
i am cash-money-less at the moment... cos no job.

i havent even been to glassy yet, only brewery. i 'hang' at the lighthouse on weekends tho :) teehee

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I used to live at Harbord, next to Manly and used to drive to UOW 3 days a week and had no problems although I was quick to get a cd player for my car.

Now I live about 40min away and it's not a big trip, you get used to the travel and after a semester of it you don't even notice it anymore.

minorproblem

Master of Perky Nipples
HSC
I use to live in Newport in sydney but moved down here and have been living here the past 2 years for uni it is much more relaxed atmosphere though the bogan density it much higher than northern beaches.

HSC
i've got a few questions that probably dont need a new thread, so ill put them here instead.

firstly, ive got work placement down at wollongong this summer (port kembla actually). im thinking about staying for the 10 weeks that im down there, so i just wanted to know what acommodation is like. are there places in wollongong/on UOW campus/near port kembla that anybody recommend i look at? how much would it cost to live by yourself per week down there? i dunno, its still a while away, but i just wanted to know a few things.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
i've got a few questions that probably dont need a new thread, so ill put them here instead.

firstly, ive got work placement down at wollongong this summer (port kembla actually). im thinking about staying for the 10 weeks that im down there, so i just wanted to know what acommodation is like. are there places in wollongong/on UOW campus/near port kembla that anybody recommend i look at? how much would it cost to live by yourself per week down there? i dunno, its still a while away, but i just wanted to know a few things.
If it's during summer, you can probably find someone who is moving out over summer and just move in for 10 weeks.

Last edited:

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
Just don't stay at Port Kembla, Warrawong, Cringila or Berkely. Take that advice, and you'll be sweeet. ;)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Musegirl said:
Just don't stay at Port Kembla, Warrawong, Cringila or Berkely. Take that advice, and you'll be sweeet. ;)

or dapto, one of my mates from uni moved down from coffs harbour and lived there cause it was amazingly cheap.....after his car got broken in2 3 times in a month, they moved in2 a place with a garage, then their windows got smashed and mailbox blown up.....he then planned 2 move to the gong......well i now havent seen him back this session.....apparently he dropped out of uni, quit his cadetship at bluescope and is back up in coffs picking bananas>?

abocrap

HSC
i just moved from north ryde to gong. i like this town..... quiet & small :) :) :) :)

KYKYJ

HSC
yeah i like the gong. . its a good size. . .
sydney's to big for me, and places down the coast like ulladulla are 2 small. . so yea. . .what are u studying at uni?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
kennychan222 said:
I will move to the gong on 19/2 after arrival to Sydney....Well, the gong is a nice place and I love it.
You be here before? I thought you scared of gong because of people try steal you?

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
hahah nah as Kenny said, "they steal people in gong that WAS rich". So technically they werent rich at the time of the kidnappings, lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)