2nd year enrolment (1 Viewer)

PattyUOW

Hi. I'm about to start my second year of Commerce, and wish to enrol in Marketing and Business Law subjects. However LAW100 is a prerequisite for all the other Business Law subjects, therefore I can only have 1 subject from this major, this semester. My other major, Marketing allows me to choose 2 x 200 level subjects during Autumn. This is fine. That means that I only have 3 subjects instead of the usual 4 in my timetable. Where can I gain another subject that counts to my degree from?

I thought I could do the intergrating subject that is compulsory as part of my core studies, but all four intergrating subjects require 72 units that have already been completed, which I don't have as I've only finished my 1st year. I can't do any Business Law subjects, as they all have the completion of LAW100 as a prior requirement. There are also 300 level marketing subject available to study, and they only have MARK101 (which I have completed) as a prerequisite. Am I allowed to enrol in these 3rd year subjects even though I'm only a second year but have completed the prereqs?

Thanks for your help.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you find the information page about your degree on the UOW website it will tell you what subjects you have to enrol in and how many credit points of extra subjects you have to do and the list you can choose from.

Mine specifies that I have to do 200-level subjects chosen from the additional subjects list given so I am guessing that it will be similar for you.

And I only have 3 subjects in Spring so I don't know what that means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)