Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Chemistry paper thoughts

  1. #26
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Steps I wrote to reduce CFCs was that mentioned above plus, removing chloride radicals through its reaction with methane and also removing chlorine monoxide radicals from the atmosphere through its reaction with nitrogen dioxide

  2. #27
    Cadet cookie_dough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    don't look up
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    yea i first i wrote HOW it depletes the ozone layer, than about montreal, HCFC's, HFC's and also that it is being monitored with photospectometry

  3. #28
    Booty Connoisseur DatAtarLyfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,811
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Since it's a 6 marker, i think giving 3 points and sufficiently explaining them should suffice
    I am rather fond of a sizeable Gluteus Maximus and I am incapable of uttering a falsehood

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrotsticks View Post
    I too enjoy sliding up and down smooth vertical poles and creating lots of tension.

  4. #29
    将来: NEET Sien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    大学入試地獄
    Posts
    2,208
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_dough View Post
    yea i first i wrote HOW it depletes the ozone layer, than about montreal, HCFC's, HFC's and also that it is being monitored with photospectometry
    SHIT I totally forgot about that ozone detection thing

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    mrstripedshades likes this.

  5. #30
    Cadet cookie_dough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    don't look up
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sien View Post
    SHIT I totally forgot about that ozone detection thing

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    dont worry about it, it probably wasnt necessary cos its not technically a solution to ozone depletion :P

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Is the answer to the multiple choice question 16 really A? I thought it would be B, as those half equations have the highest resultant potential...
    Maths Extension 2 | Maths Extension 1 | Physics | Chemistry | Advanced English

  7. #32
    Junior Member trecex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambility View Post
    Is the answer to the multiple choice question 16 really A? I thought it would be B, as those half equations have the highest resultant potential...
    It is B, where does it say it is A?

  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by trecex1 View Post
    It is B, where does it say it is A?
    On the ATAR notes suggested answers thread. People are saying that it must be A because the cell reaction needs to have ions of 2+ oxidation state. If that's the case it is A, if not it is B as it has a higher EMF but aluminium has a 3+ oxidation state.
    Last edited by Ambility; 4 Nov 2016 at 5:17 PM.
    Maths Extension 2 | Maths Extension 1 | Physics | Chemistry | Advanced English

  9. #34
    Junior Member trecex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambility View Post
    On the ATAR notes suggested answers thread.
    It's 100% B, check the reduction potentials sheet.
    Also dont agree with a few of their short answer criteria, but no one knows how bostes will mark so just hope for the best.

  10. #35
    Junior Member trecex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambility View Post
    On the ATAR notes suggested answers thread. People are saying that it must be A because the cell reaction needs to have ions of 2+ oxidation state. If that's the case it is A, if not it is B as it has a higher EMF but aluminium has a 3+ oxidation state.
    No that's not correct, if you read it carefully it says for that particular cell it can be expressed in that notation (as that cell notation is no longer taught in the syllabus so students may not be familiar).
    Then it says in which of the following cells will produce the max voltage.
    The fact that al is 3+ is irrelevant since you're not replacing Q and P with the given the metals and ions, each of the 'following cells' is independent but just written in that notation.
    Last edited by trecex1; 4 Nov 2016 at 5:25 PM.

  11. #36
    xD Esse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sanctuary Hotel
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by trecex1 View Post
    No that's not correct, if you read it carefully it says for that particular cell it can be expressed in that notation (as that cell notation is no longer taught in the syllabus so students may not be familiar).
    Then it says in which of the following cells will produce the max voltage. The original cell was given as an example.
    Bro I literally shat my pants when I saw it was A. And now you give me reassurance. Cause that answer was exactly what Ambility said, something about how B is disregarded as it is not 2+. THANK FUCK
    HSC 2016:

    English Advanced [90] • Mathematics [95] • Mathematics Extension 1 [92] • Chemistry [92] • Business Studies [95] • Economics [91]

    98.65 (All-Rounders)

    B. Information Systems/B. Comm @ UNSW '20

  12. #37
    xD Esse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sanctuary Hotel
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Cause they just showed how to denote that particular type of cell. The q that followed had nothing to do with the information provided yeah, apart from showing how to identity oxidation and reduction through the notation?
    HSC 2016:

    English Advanced [90] • Mathematics [95] • Mathematics Extension 1 [92] • Chemistry [92] • Business Studies [95] • Economics [91]

    98.65 (All-Rounders)

    B. Information Systems/B. Comm @ UNSW '20

  13. #38
    Junior Member trecex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Esse View Post
    Cause they just showed how to denote that particular type of cell. The q that followed had nothing to do with the information provided yeah, apart from showing how to identity oxidation and reduction through the notation?
    Yeah if you did papers from before 2010 or something they frequently used this notation to show cells.
    The question didn't say which combination of Q and P will give highest voltage, it just said which cell.

  14. #39
    xD Esse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sanctuary Hotel
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by trecex1 View Post
    Yeah if you did papers from before 2010 or something they frequently used this notation to show cells.
    The question didn't say which combination of Q and P will give highest voltage, it just said which cell.
    Idk man im on edge cause they put Q and R. So maybe it had to be in reference to the question given. ZZzzzzz
    HSC 2016:

    English Advanced [90] • Mathematics [95] • Mathematics Extension 1 [92] • Chemistry [92] • Business Studies [95] • Economics [91]

    98.65 (All-Rounders)

    B. Information Systems/B. Comm @ UNSW '20

  15. #40
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    agreed you are definetely correct. answer is B.

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by trecex1 View Post
    It's 100% B, check the reduction potentials sheet.
    Also dont agree with a few of their short answer criteria, but no one knows how bostes will mark so just hope for the best.
    Fuck yess that means I got 20/20 for multiple choice
    Maths Extension 2 | Maths Extension 1 | Physics | Chemistry | Advanced English

  17. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Chemistry paper thoughts

    lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •