Chemistry paper thoughts (1 Viewer)

goofgafflaugh123

HSC
How difficult was it in comparison to other papers, also what would band 5 and 6 cut off be?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I think in terms of multiple choice was probs same as last year maybe a little more difficult. The core the calculations are harder than last year but nothing like too hard if u know ur content. Questions as a whole for the core were sort of easy but last year people said it was easy and a b6 was still like 80ish raw. In terms of the option for industrial chemistry probs harder than last year

mrstripedshades

HSC
I think in terms of multiple choice was probs same as last year maybe a little more difficult. The core the calculations are harder than last year but nothing like too hard if u know ur content. Questions as a whole for the core were sort of easy but last year people said it was easy and a b6 was still like 80ish raw. In terms of the option for industrial chemistry probs harder than last year
What'd you get for the equilibrium constant?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
What'd you get for the equilibrium constant?
I can't remember the number but the q was a trick solids are not in the equilibrium constant so it was just k = [nh3] [h2s]

I think it was something x 10^-4 if u use scientific notation

marioyoshi

HSC
What was the multiple choice question galvanic highest potential
What was q20

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
i got something x10^-4 for equilibrium constant too :)
if I remember highest cell potential was B.. i remember getting 2.2v for that
and lol didnt realise sea shell was a back titration but got apparently the right answer of 54.5% or something like that (i realised i calculated percentage weight of sodium carbonate not carbonate, so i did it again in the last 2 minutes)

marioyoshi

HSC
In the cell potential is the question wrong or just a trick question
Solution says 2+
But al is 3+

marioyoshi

HSC
For industrial compare effect of temp and concentration do u meeda state k formula

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Lost 3 in MC for sillies, my option was so fkin easy and core was great, all calculations were easy and questions were so predictable. 90 raw inc boys

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Also, is the marking similar to maths where they would read crossed out answers? Seems i got close to one of the calculations but I accidentally crossed it out :<

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
I lost the iupac name lol, and that validity of pond question and that solvency of methanol q or whatever with that bromine water decolourisation

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Boys don't sweat it, we gunned yr 12 and tried our best and should chill now, we deserve it. Congrats for finishing, I'm sure you'll all do well, and good luck for your future endeavours :)))

marioyoshi

HSC
For the graph question, wouldnt it be a curve of best fit
Considering ladt yrs question on ozone "line graph"

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Also, is the marking similar to maths where they would read crossed out answers? Seems i got close to one of the calculations but I accidentally crossed it out :<
I remember my teacher saying before that they stop reading crossed out answers in maths now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)