Study... (1 Viewer)

Shocker_85

Hi..
I am starting year 12 on Monday, could anyone--who has done their HSC or is doing it this year, plz guide how 2 study 4 it...

Zenithliza

I wish I started thinking about things like that when I started Year 12. In any case, I find the easiest way to study maths is writing down all the formulas you need to know and learning them either by reciting them or writing them lots of times. If you have trouble learning certain formulas stick them up on the walls and stuff. And then, just do lots of practise questions! Buy a book with all the papers from the lasy 20 years and do millions... Hope that helps..

Jellymonsta

Hmm
May i suggest not to work too hard at the beginning of year 12. From experience, its more important to be consistent and stay motivated, because about half of my year lost their motivation, after starting y12 really enthused, and their results are really going to suffer now.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
if ur good at maths, study it like u always have been

Alex

Consistency is the most important factor when studying for maths and the lack of it will show in my maths results in the near future :p

Shocker_85

Originally posted by MinAi
if ur good at maths, study it like u always have been
I wanna score a UAI above 90 and at our school theres not much competition and I have heard that we need to be in the top 20 % of our class. At my school hardly any1 studies so there r very few ppl in da subjects i am doing such as physics n chem...so ....im worried.

HSC
Originally posted by Mona
Hi..
I am starting year 12 on Monday, could anyone--who has done their HSC or is doing it this year, plz guide how 2 study 4 it...
calm down...

The HSC isn't *that* bad, in fact in my honest opinon its pretty overrated. THE HSC IS NOT THAT HARD . Its not extremely difficult or anything. Basically all you have to do is be consistent and don't leave things to the last minute (which is what I have done these holidays).

If you do subjects that involve major works, finish them asap, don't leave them unfinished during the trial hsc... it really screws you up, (I speak from experience, I had to do an art and eng ext 2 major work during the trials)...

Anyways hope that helps...

Whatever you do, don't sit back in class and say: I don't get it now, that's okay, I'll get it when I do it by myself later.
Otherwise, you'll have to cram everything and you'll be screwed sideways like i was in 3unit!
Pay attention in class, and keep up with the work from the beginning!

Confuzzled?!

HSC
and ask ur teachers or your friends if you don't understand something.

Seriously...ASK! no matter how stupid it is *believe me..we've had some pretty stupid questions asked in our maths class! hahahah*

if you don't get it..don't say 'oh, i'll look at it laterz' coz u won't end up looking at it..you'll end up OVERLOOKING it n totally forgetting that it's there until you get to exams.

CoYLiE

well if an extension 1 student (who came 2nd or 3rd in his class) is able to think that 7 squared is 14, i think all of us 2unit students can pass the maths paper!!!

well here's hoping!!

mercurydrinker,

do you do only these subjects?

general math
esl english
hospitality
industrial tech
and
studies of religion

?

TRUST ME HSC IS HARD

I do
Chemistry,
Math 4Unit
English 2Unit Adv
IPT
SDD

AND TRUST ME THEY ARE HELL HARD

especially chemistry where you hav abotu 3 books to memorise and learn.

Crazy

silly people :)

chem is a breeze! and physics!!

my biggest problem is adv. english - study isnt going well at all :confused:

so yeah there are harder subjects, like business studies
physics and chem are so overrated!

clauss

sure, you've got your easy subjects but it doesn't mean that because you may say that you've done 4 units of this and 3 units of that you'll automatically go well in the hsc. everything takes work, but then again stressing about it won't help. my tip - find a good balance, don't worry too much since you're only starting year 12, because you'll have some tasks ahead of you!! just don't waste time either... which is a regret i already have!

HSC
Originally posted by iptteacherssuck
mercurydrinker,

do you do only these subjects?

general math
esl english
hospitality
industrial tech
and
studies of religion

?

TRUST ME HSC IS HARD

I do
Chemistry,
Math 4Unit
English 2Unit Adv
IPT
SDD

AND TRUST ME THEY ARE HELL HARD

especially chemistry where you hav abotu 3 books to memorise and learn.
I don't take any of those subjects...

I take:

English Advanced
English Ext 1
English Ext 2
Maths
IPT
Visual Arts
Modern History

None of those subjects are by any means easy, I just don't find it too be *that* hard. When I imagined year 12 in year 11, I imagined it to be mind numbingly hard, and I guess I was wrong....

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
>I imagined it to be mind numbingly hard,

But it is. Just wait 'til this time next year when you find out you were supposed to studty 7 poems instead of 3... :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah i agree with mercury,
HSC is NOT that hard
its just stressful at this time of year
if u do work ALL year, rather than just before the trials, u'll be fine

ProfesionalBull

dont worry bout maths, just find all the past papers you can (and do them), the course hasnt changed since somethign like 1975

Simmo

most of the textbook swere written ages ago too.

the one im using, Jones and Couchman, was written 40 years ago, and they havent even bothered to fix the mistakes in it.

aLaNa

ummm...whats wrong with hospitality ????? ok, so it may not be OMG-hard, but its not EASY....its still got a hunk of content and a 2hour exam...only cuz there's lots of prac......doesnt mean there's no theory....so if you dont do the subject, then you cant comment....:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)