Worried about Maths (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi everyone

Just wanted to get your opinion of what to do. I do 2U maths, right, and we haven't even finished the prelim textbook yet, my teacher takes everything so slow! We have another whole chapter to go before we can start HSC textbook, so it'll probably be until like week 7-8 at least.

I'm worried we won't even get through the HSC textbook at all.

The obvious thing to do is to study ahead by my lonesome: go through the exercises etc, that's what I want to do.

But that seems silly, for a few reasons: If I do the chapters in chronological order, teacher will catch up soon and I'll have to sit through lessons of her explaining something I've already taught myself. It's revision, sure, but seems like waste. AND I'll have to do current class h/w at the same time. But I can't do the chapters in reverse- chronological order, because they build on knowledge...

I don't know what to do. I have to do something, get ahead in maths, try to up the pace a little, or I won't be able to even do prac tests for months and months...
What do you think?? If it seems obvious to you, go easy, I may just be a bit too involved to see the obvious solution :)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Don't stress =), I suggest that you do what you mention first, and learn ahead. It can prove to be quite rewarding. You won't be bored in class, in fact you'll be more eager, since you've done it before and it's now easy. If you need any help, you know you can always post here, so there is no real problem =D

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
learn ahead, it'll help you coz you'll be revising at school =]

and then you can get that 100 uai you want :D

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I wasn't really in your situation but i think it's up to you what you want to do, but if you're so worried and you have time, you should probably go ahead. It'll help to learn it again and then maybe you could help other people too.

btw, what textbook are you using?? (i recommend fitzpatrick!)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i reckon going ahead is always a good idea, it gives perspective and increased knowledge of where you are, whats coming next, etc. i reckon have a talk to your teacher or maybe the head of department or someone like that about your worries. im sure they will see that a policy of not starting the hsc textbook when they could is just ridiculous. cos it is. every day your not doing hsc stuff is hindering the class.

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)