Maths is next exam (1 Viewer)

liz

HSC
okay so what questions do you think are likely to be in the exam?? Also anyone tried last years exam?? I reckon its harder than the other years. What does everyone else think.

Dario

HSC
Probably something you've never seen before. There's no way to prepare for questions 9 and 10.

homeboyjoe

I like maths more than any other exam because i know that no matter how much i study for it im screwed! There is a wealth of information to know and so many possibilities...oh well back to studying...I just feel sorry for the people that do buisness studies and modern history, then maths on the monday....its a death penalty!

mastermind

Originally posted by liz
Also anyone tried last years exam?? I reckon its harder than the other years. What does everyone else think.
Yeah, i agree that it was harder. Especially the last two questions. And the one with logs or indices or something in like Q3...

But i agree with Lazarus, if you do lots of past papers, it really does help. Like I did 2U last year accelerated and I was stuffed after the trials, so i did lots of past papers and got band 6 - woohoo!! So yeah, if u do that u can at least get the first 8 questions done pretty well, and hope that the last two are not too bad, cos i don't think i got the second part of Q10 (trig), or the series part of Q9. Also, try and do generalised working if you're really stuffed - like with Q9 do normal setting out for series cos u might get marks for working, and if u don't have other questions to do, its worth a try!!

Last edited:

Morgues

I dont think last years question 10 was that bad, one of the only ones i managed to get out........however the log question I had no clue and also the vase rate of change one was rather tricky

question 10 b in 2000 was a shocker though

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
oh fuck
I could not bloody well understand 10(b) from 2000's paper
even with the answers!!!
i hope they dont hit us with that sorta shit again...coz how do u prepare for something like that?!

HSC
they always hit us with weird shit in q's 9 and 10 but seriouslly doing a whole heap of papers from the last 20 (odd) years does anywone else think they have gotten harder?!

3u helps with 2u in q's 9 and 10......i might only get 40% in 3u but it helps harder 2u even if it shits me.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Dario
uploading papers requires ppl like you to give them to Lazarus in the first place
so why dont u scan some papers for him ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)