How does 3unit maths help you with 2unit maths? (1 Viewer)

annieeeex

HSC
N/A
I'm just wondering how does doing 3 unit maths help you do well in advanced maths when the topics are different? Is it because it helps you with algebraic skills ?
I'm still gonna keep 3unit maths but im just curious :) thank you so much!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm just wondering how does doing 3 unit maths help you do well in advanced maths when the topics are different? Is it because it helps you with algebraic skills ?
I'm still gonna keep 3unit maths but im just curious :) thank you so much!!
yeah that.

Also it gives you easier methods to do some of 2u stuff, like... integration.

And remember maths is a logical thing, if you extend yourself - you'll be able to do maths at a higher level, and that means doing the simple stuff, more effectively.

such_such

HSC
Well 3U covers everything of 2U as well. So as long as you're solid in 3U, you shouldn't have any trouble at all in 2U. So yeah, it does help you quite a lot.

simadine1

HSC
I've found three unit mathematics enormously helpful for my two unit.
Even though I'm not above the 70% mark for my three unit, my two unit improved over 10% and I have come out on top of all the kids doing just two unit - I think you'll find the extra maths worth it... :)

Sanjeet

HSC
The topics aren't very different - They're just an extension of 2 unit concepts and so exposes you to wide variety of harder questions, effectively making the "simplistic" questions in 2u much easier.

lolcakes52

HSC
You get exposed to different ways of thinking mathematically, my ability to do equations and working in my head shot up immensely at the beginning of year 11.

enoilgam

HSC
I did extension 1 in year 11 and it helped me heaps with 2 unit. I found that my mathematical skill (especially in regards to algebra) went up heaps. I dropped MX1 at the begining of year 12 but I dont regret doing it because it made me so much better at 2 unit.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah that.

Also it gives you easier methods to do some of 2u stuff, like... integration.

And remember maths is a logical thing, if you extend yourself - you'll be able to do maths at a higher level, and that means doing the simple stuff, more effectively.
+1.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
I did 3 unit up until about a month ago and i found that it helped a lot with 2U. since the majority of 3U topics are just extending 2U questions you face harder questions, making the easier 2U ones simpler to do. already been said but i thought i'd add my opinion ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)