The 4 month road to success (1 Viewer)

dragon658

HSC
Hi guys,

So, I'm sitting my 2 Unit HSC Maths exam this year in around 4 months. I've honestly struggled with Maths alot; not because I can't do it or it is beyond my comprehension, but because I just haven't been bothered (horrid excuse I know). A

ANYWAY, I've finally decided to get my life in order and kill the HSC this year. Bit of background - My Prelim course was very hazy and so is/was this year's course thus far. For the record, I got 27% in my last exam. All other subjects are little to no issue.

Now, I do think this situation is salvageable, although I know I'm going to have to put in.
Here is my plan of action:

- Work through prelim course again (of course I have remembered some things, parabolas are probably the weakest link)
- Actually do questions and figure out a strategy to familiarise myself with different topics
- I have a tutor who comes every week and other avenues of support so I will utilise them.
- consistent revision, practice and questions

Bottom line is, I know what I have to do, I just have to do it.
Feel free to send some more advice my way, it feels like a monumental journey but I think it can be done.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Hi guys,

So, I'm sitting my 2 Unit HSC Maths exam this year in around 4 months. I've honestly struggled with Maths alot; not because I can't do it or it is beyond my comprehension, but because I just haven't been bothered (horrid excuse I know). A

ANYWAY, I've finally decided to get my life in order and kill the HSC this year. Bit of background - My Prelim course was very hazy and so is/was this year's course thus far. For the record, I got 27% in my last exam. All other subjects are little to no issue.

Now, I do think this situation is salvageable, although I know I'm going to have to put in.
Here is my plan of action:

- Work through prelim course again (of course I have remembered some things, parabolas are probably the weakest link)
- Actually do questions and figure out a strategy to familiarise myself with different topics
- I have a tutor who comes every week and other avenues of support so I will utilise them.
- consistent revision, practice and questions

Bottom line is, I know what I have to do, I just have to do it.
Feel free to send some more advice my way, it feels like a monumental journey but I think it can be done.
do past papers
taste past papers
eat past papers
breathe past papers
smoke past papers
get high on past papers
make love to past papers
live past papers

dragon658

HSC
I feel like the general consensus at the moment is do past papers :biglaugh:
But how can I do such papers if I feel like I don't know the appropriate techniques to apply. There's no real trends in papers is there, you pretty much need everything you learn right?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I feel like the general consensus at the moment is do past papers :biglaugh:
But how can I do such papers if I feel like I don't know the appropriate techniques to apply. There's no real trends in papers is there, you pretty much need everything you learn right?
learn how to do things first obviously, but I wouldn't invest too much time in mindless repetition of textbook q
if you are going to do mindless repetition do it with past papers

dragon658

HSC
Positive responses so far guys. I'll keep this thread updated as I progress.

dragon658

HSC
UPDATE: Things are going well so far! It's not THAT hard after all, I've got the new HSC Success One Workbook and it's definitely a great resource. I've got three months form the 21st. It's going to be tough. Anyone have any suggestions for the amount of time I should be spending on it? - my strategy at the moment is going through the syllabus and of course reviewing and re-learning some things that were hazy in the first place but other topics aren't so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)