Remebering formulas (1 Viewer)

rczoombie

HSC
Does anyone have a good technique to remembers all the formulas ???? There are one too many; they should give a formula sheet just like in Physics :):D

souldancer

just practice practice practice. if that doesnt work, go into the toilets before the exam and stick a sheet with the formulas on it to the wall! (j/k. im not suggesting u actually do this, as if u get caught ull get zero for that exam, and possibly get an "N" award for non completion of the course)

on the topic of formula sheets, they actually get them in general!

ben

i also suggest the toliet technique

put them in a pocket in your blaser... then go to the toliet, into a cubicle and boom-boom!

otherwise it's probably just easier practicing questions, and writing out the formular each time.

T

timbk2

if you do enough practice questions on all topics, you'd be able to memories all the formulas off your head. i think last year i counted like 40-50 formulas u gotta remember.

dont try memories them.. just do questions. And then look over past papers and for each question, write down the required formulas off the top of your head.

if not... then yeh.. cheat sheet in your wallet and go toilet.

not that i've tried.

visiondamage

why is it that they give out formalu sheet for the easier question but not the harder ones? i think it's the way we do it that gets the problem solved, not the rules of it. argh im being stupid again....:confused:

del

HSC
N/A
I do the poster idea....

make a4 posters of the formulas in big fat bright texta and stick them all over the walls....... and also practice lots of questions....

if u leave the posters up long enough, they sink into your mind without you even knowing

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
also, dont forget the table of standard integrals they give u in the exam...cram as much other formula's ur likely to forget just b4 the exam, and scribble em down on the std integral sheet

rczoombie

HSC
I hated how they incorporate Yr11 into the exam as well :(:mad:

ben

Originally posted by rczoombie
I hated how they incorporate Yr11 into the exam as well :(:mad:
I like it, Yr 11 stuff is easier (except plane geometry - always struggle with prooving angles and stuff)...

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
JUST A SUGGESTION

HEY DUDE, I LIKE TO USE FLASHCARDS

WRITE THE FORMULA ON ON SIDE AND WRITE THE DESCRIPTION ON THE OTHER. TEST YOURSELF EVERY NIGHT B4 U GO TO SLEEP AND THEN IN THE MORNING GET SOME1 ELSE TO TEST YOU!!

SEE HOW U GO

the great one

fucking stupid simpson and trapezoidal rules took me forever to remember also a few of the ones in series are a bitch

Morgues

dont see why they dont give it to us aren't they testing *application* of formulas rather then memory

ben

Originally posted by Morgues
dont see why they dont give it to us aren't they testing *application* of formulas rather then memory
i just did a maths trial exam - had no trouble with formulas....didn't even study them! but learn't via doing past papers questions.

however, i still stuffed the test heaps. question 9 and 10 were too hard!

Last edited:

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
I'd have to say that the best way to remember formulas would be a LOT of practice using them for various questions. Because once you understand how to use the formulas, you just instantly remember them. But you gotta keep using them for questions, otherwise you WILL forget them.

My trial for Math's is on Monday :(

manly girl

I have them on the wall. Apart from the weird looks I get when people come in my room (my mum thought I had taken up a language) it seems to work ok.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by ben
i also suggest the toliet technique

put them in a pocket in your blaser... then go to the toliet, into a cubicle and boom-boom!
That thought actually HAD crossed my mind when I was in the toilet during my Prelim exams.
It freaked me out though, coz I don't cheat.

I was just thinking how easy it would be to cheat though. I mean, no one is monitoring the toilets. LOL.

Morgues

but the time you waste from getting some formula would cancel out the advantages......but a good idea :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)