For All Who's Stressing, Here's An Idea (1 Viewer)

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
HEY EVRERYONE,

WELL WE HAVE OUR MATHS TRIAL NEXT MONDAY AND I'M SHITTING MY PANTS, HOWEVER I FOUND THE BEST WAY TO ATTACK THE EXAM.
MY HISTORY WITH HSC MATHS IS BAD CONCERNING EXAMS, BUT I READ SOMEHERE THAT ONCE YOU'VE FINISHED YOUR READING TIME, DON'T START ON THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS, GO THROUGH THE PAPER AND WRITE DOWN THE FORMULAS THAT YOU'LL NEED TO USE FOR THAT QUESTIUON, THIS MIGHT TAKE A WHILE BUT YOU'LL IT'S WORTH IT!!!
THAT WAY YOU OWN'T GET HALF-WAY INTO THE EXAM AND THINK "SHIT WHAT WAS THAT FORMULA??"

SEE HOW U GO

Morgues

Originally posted by Bon
Uhh, how about no ?

You either know the formula or don't as far as I'm concerned.
Then why do most text books recommend doing what that guy suggested?

Confuzzled?!

HSC
mememe...but i dun know my formulas!! and i dunno which formula goes to which equation!!!

:'( cries...
but..u have a point there....it's good to do that.

but..like...during that reading time...u remember the formula, and then when u can start writing..u forget the formulas? Lol...

that happened in engilsh...was getting ideas in 5min reading time.by time i could start writing..my ideas went out the window! Lol.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bon
Uhh, how about no ?

u may kno the formula, but could u recite every single one of em during a stressful exam situation?
but anyway, u wouldnt write a book there....just jot down the formula's or parts of formulas u'd likely forget....like i'd write FOTE and h/3 for simp's rule....the perp. distance rule... and probably all the series ones

Viceroy

dont dis coffee! i am now addicted to it 8) cause of study.......

yea and the formulae issue...... if u know ur formulae then it doesnt matter.

if u work fast then u could spare the time, but if ur a fast worker would probably mean that ud be good at remembering the formulae of the top of ur head

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
wat if u 4get the forumlas b4 u even jot them down?
Then u're already stresses b4 u even attempt ques 1.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Personally I don't think there's really anything to gain from doing that.

If there are one or two formulae that you're having difficulty remembering, repeat them to yourself over and over just before the exam and write them down as soon as you begin.

If there's more than one or two, you haven't put enough effort into studying and probably aren't going to do well anyway. :p

Although, trying to remember what my own exam experiences were like *racks his brain*, I vaguely recall being much more clear-headed at the very beginning, and feeling like my mind was trying to wade through molasses towards the end. If you're like that, I suppose it could be good to jot down the relevant formulae at the start.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Bon
Uhh, how about no ?

No, not true. You don't know WHAT nerves can do to you.

If you know the formula, you may forget them because you are so nervous and stressed out.

I think writing down the formulas is a good idea. The ones you think you'll forget anyway.

It is NOT a good idea sitting there in the exam writing a page full of formulas if you KNOW you'll remember them.

Time allocation is also very important, something I still need to learn how to do properly :)

Morgues

The best thing is to jot down formulas in the later questions because by then you are tired both physically and mentally and could easily struggle to remmember some key fact

Personally I make most of my silly mistakes in the second half of the test when i am not as alert......sily mistakes such as using the formula or forgetting a minus sign

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Morgues
The best thing is to jot down formulas in the later questions because by then you are tired both physically and mentally and could easily struggle to remmember some key fact

Personally I make most of my silly mistakes in the second half of the test when i am not as alert......sily mistakes such as using the formula or forgetting a minus sign
Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. But I guess you should also jot down the longer formulas too. Just in case :)

Oh! I make SO many silly mistakes it's not even funny. They're just plain stupid!

That's why time allocation is important. You gotta set aside some time at the end to check your work.

p00_p00

as i sed in the remembering formulas page, DONT REMEMBER BUT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT DOES AND WHY IT DOES IT!

4 A more detailed analysis...... go 2 the Remembrin formula's page

What u sed bout jotting it down is good, but in math i dont need 2 (and no im not good at math but i just know the formulas). I do it for biz, eco and legal etc!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
NOTHING beats my 6 x 6 = 12 in my half-yrly exam!

lol...anyway, it'd b good if they allowed coffee to be drunk in an exam :D

blake

Originally posted by MinAi
NOTHING beats my 6 x 6 = 12 in my half-yrly exam!

lol...anyway, it'd b good if they allowed coffee to be drunk in an exam :D
Hehe, my year master was super nazi :)

He would only allow a plain water bottle with no tags on them :/

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Well... it's always best to write down the formula for most questions anyway.

If you answer the question wrong but have the correct formula, they will still give you some marks right?

Confuzzled?!

HSC
crap. i'm gonna fail.
Drew said if u write down the formula u still get a mark...

personally..i dunno how that works.

Amy..i'm stuffed for maths test and music...
*cries*
another 40% down the drain for me....
wait..how much is music aural worth?

make that 55% down the drain for me.......

gonna go back to look at maths....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)