Internal marks for maths (Am i screwed???) (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I know i've asked this many times before on this forum and yes i've got some responses from shadowdude and some others experts. However im still not sure if im able to get a descent mark in the end for 2U maths =.=.... can anyone confirm this with me?? :(.. im just really paranoid atm.. I've been doing pretty bad througout the year and one point i topped the year but this was only a 15% assestment task which changed alot..

but i've done poorly in my trials and half yearlies due to lack of motivation =.=..

So my internal mark is 44/100 apparently which is terribly disappointing.... and the girl coming first has a final mark of 77/100. guy coming second is on 70/100 and third is like 66/100

im rank 15/30 in my year and i know that the ranks from 15 to 5 is really close (like 1-5 mark differences)... My school rank is 204~

still possible for me to do well? i know a band 6 is extremely impossible of course but yes im assuming 80's could be atleast there for me if i kill my externals and my cohorts do well??

brettymaccc

HSC
I'll try and help you out with some raw marks with what I got in my Mathematics HSC:

Assessment Task 1: ~55%
Assessment Task 2 (Half Yearly): ~50%
Assessment Task 3: ~55%

At this point, I was ranked ~40/65.
Assessment Task 4 (Trial): 75%

After the trial, I was ranked 23/65.

I go to a school ranked ~130, ended up with a HSC Mark of 85.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll try and help you out with some raw marks with what I got in my Mathematics HSC:

Assessment Task 1: ~55%
Assessment Task 2 (Half Yearly): ~50%
Assessment Task 3: ~55%

At this point, I was ranked ~40/65.
Assessment Task 4 (Trial): 75%

After the trial, I was ranked 23/65.

I go to a school ranked ~130, ended up with a HSC Mark of 85.

oh thank you :) this gave me bit of a picture :)....

assuming you killed your HSC right??

accountant

Banned
HSC
N/A
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

You are screwed! 44/100? That's is so crap , I warned you at the start of the year and you did not listen :|. Apparently mocking me and not giving me a chance was more important than own hsc mark.

Let's assume it does get "aligned" or scaled or whatever to 60/100 (and even that's generous!) . That means your internal mark is 30/50. Meaning your overall mark for 2unit is like capped at 80/100 , that's provided you state rank in the final exam (ha , in your dreams). So the absolute best you can do is 80% , and that's if you magically top the state after being crap throughout the whole year.

To think, I was offering free tutoring to try and stop people from failing so much and didn't get so much as one expression of interest.

Well, you got what you deserved.

You are definately right that band 6 is out of question , even band 5 is out of question. You MAY get 70% for 2unit maths if you are lucky.

Well, now I must get back to my accounting and microeconomics and what not , get bloody 90%+ easy, boost the WAM (while you fail the hsc lolol).

Last edited:

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

You are screwed! 44/100? That's is so crap , I warned you at the start of the year and you did not listen :|. Apparently mocking me and not giving me a change was more important than own hsc mark.

Let's assume it does get "aligned" or scaled or whatever to 60/100 (and even that's generous!) . That means your internal mark is 30/50. Meaning your overall mark for 2unit is like capped at 80/100 , that's provided you state rank in the final exam (ha , in your dreams). So the absolute best you can do is 80% , and that's if you magically top the state after being crap throughout the whole year.

To think, I was offering free tutoring to try and stop people from failing so much and didn't get so much as one expression of interest.

You are definately right that band 6 is out of question , even band 5 is out of question. You MAY get 70% for 2unit maths if you are lucky.

Well, now I must get back to my accounting and microeconomics and what not , get bloody 90%+ easy, boost the WAM (while you fail the hsc lolol).
Thank you for your unhelpful information btw...

Again I find your trolling very productive fat cunt, considering your a uni student and trolling on a HSC forum always during your so called 'free' time.... yeah mate nice use of your time and again pro grammar. LOL and you offering me tutoring.. rofl rofl rofl.. rofl rofl stop making me laugh... its funny how your always repeating the same old message to us failures..

You may be superior to me in terms of mathematics and yes i failed throughout the year due to my lack of motivation and various factors. So i couldn't care less? thats why im asking people on this forum to give me advice... DUH..

even though i screw up maths assuming i get 60-70's i could still potentially end up with 88+ due to my other subjects..

and again i don't expect myself to top the state also. im not a genious at math fyi.

btw should stop creating accounts also and targetting me..

accountant

Banned
HSC
N/A
Thank you for your unhelpful information btw...

Again I find your trolling very productive fat cunt, considering your a uni student and trolling on a HSC forum always during your so called 'free' time.... yeah mate nice use of your time and again pro grammar. LOL and you offering me tutoring.. rofl rofl rofl.. rofl rofl stop making me laugh... its funny how your always repeating the same old message to us failures..

You may be superior to me in terms of mathematics and yes i failed throughout the year due to my lack of motivation and various factors. So i couldn't care less? thats why im asking people on this forum to give me advice... DUH..

even though i screw up maths assuming i get 60-70's i could still potentially end up with 88+ due to my other subjects..

and again i don't expect myself to top the state also. im not a genious at math fyi.

btw should stop creating accounts also and targetting me..
that's not nice :(

accountant

Banned
HSC
N/A
60% for 2unit is absolute embarassment, might as well just jump off a cliff.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
60% for 2unit is absolute embarassment, might as well just jump off a cliff.

~Sorry im not a poor inferior scum like you begging people for tutoring as your source of income on a HSC forum. (again should substitute your hours of trolling time and maybe use it to fund yourself with cash $$$$ maybe searching for a real job).

~Should learn some values on ethics and companionship also, when looking for internship or a job later on assuming your going to do something based on accounting. You would most likely fail to get into A LARGE FIRM $$$$. You may be intellectual and superior in terms of wisdom in comparison to most people, but then again you're a complete failure as a human. Im pretty sure everyone agrees on this forum also.

Couldn't argue with you also, 60% is not a very satisfying mark indeed. Thats why i made this thread to estimate what my highest could be, and potentially i could work towards this goal.

Also more to life then suicide also :) so brighten up troll.

HSC
N/A
When did was I "begging people for tutoring as your source of income on a HSC forum"?

All I wanted was just ONE reply, ONE expression of interest after what I did for this site. It didn't even have to result in paid lessons or any money at all. But that was too much to ask :|.

I don't need the tutoring money, all my expenses are paided by my parents.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
When did was I "begging people for tutoring as your source of income on a HSC forum"?

All I wanted was just ONE reply, ONE expression of interest after what I did for this site. It didn't even have to result in paid lessons or any money at all. But that was too much to ask :|.

I don't need the tutoring money, all my expenses are paided by my parents.
"When did was I "begging people for tutoring as your source of income on a HSC forum"?
This sentence does not make clear sense to me, please rephrase it so my brain can interpret it properly.

Again your lessons would obviously demand monetary compensation in return, you're asking for it indirectly (sugging is the correct term if your smart enough to actually understand it).
WHO the $@)@()$@ does free tutoring anyays unless you really have the dear passion to help students like me?? honestly you're make me laugh again Matt.. you lack common sense..
Hmm, maybe if you would troll less on mathematic failures like me and ask people nicely, we would actually give you some sympathy and acceptance.

Should stop making multiple accounts also, shows how pathetic you are against high school students. Go and study for your exam you lazy ass.

wendiiee

HSC
Don't worry, I am in the same boat as you.
Although I'm not exceptionally bad at maths, I'm lazy as hell and I freak out in exams a lot (I actually fainted once)... I'll get ~85% in class assessments but 60% in exams. For trials I only got 67%... and my cohort is unusually strong this year.
Look at it this way, someone I know failed their Maths trials, went on to get 94 ATAR.
I'm starting to do heaps of past papers. I think that'll help for you too.
Hope is not lost. :)

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry, I am in the same boat as you.
Although I'm not exceptionally bad at maths, I'm lazy as hell and I freak out in exams a lot (I actually fainted once)... I'll get ~85% in class assessments but 60% in exams. For trials I only got 67%... and my cohort is unusually strong this year.
Look at it this way, someone I know failed their Maths trials, went on to get 94 ATAR.
I'm starting to do heaps of past papers. I think that'll help for you too.
Hope is not lost. :)
I topped one assesment task throughout the year, this was due to me putting in so much effort for it lol.
But yeah your in a much more stronger position than me lol :) haha.. hope you do well also.

Same i've done 4 pastpapers this week, im doing HSC 1992-2010 (Question 1-4, each paper should take me 30mins) XD. trying to master these first hehe!!

True hope is not lost, im thinking i will end up with 80+ for my maths this will get me my atar since im topping my other subjects XD

M

math geni

"When did was I "begging people for tutoring as your source of income on a HSC forum"?
This sentence does not make clear sense to me, please rephrase it so my brain can interpret it properly.

Again your lessons would obviously demand monetary compensation in return, you're asking for it indirectly (sugging is the correct term if your smart enough to actually understand it).
WHO the $@)@()$@ does free tutoring anyays unless you really have the dear passion to help students like me?? honestly you're make me laugh again Matt.. you lack common sense..
Hmm, maybe if you would troll less on mathematic failures like me and ask people nicely, we would actually give you some sympathy and acceptance.

Should stop making multiple accounts also, shows how pathetic you are against high school students. Go and study for your exam you lazy ass.
Anyone that is charitable and wants to help people "lacks common sense" , what a great attitude you have. Perfect example of why I stopped helping :p.

I surely hope one day you don't find yourself in a position where you need rely on charities.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Anyone that is charitable and wants to help people "lacks common sense" , what a great attitude you have. Perfect example of why I stopped helping :p.

I surely hope one day you don't find yourself in a position where you need rely on charities.
I surely hope you don't find yourself in a position where you have to rely on a treadmill to keep alive.

Lol this guy is prob so good at maths cause he locked himself in his room for 6 years and studied maths day and day out and became a fat chubby guy with no social life. wonder what atar he got.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

Charitable ?? LOL you're making me laugh again Matt. Great joke once again from the so called maths genious. I don't really need to listen to your arrogant attitude again..

Really no want needs help from a jackass like you anyway.. BTW he probably got low 90's as his ATAR. Typical kids who only study maths shown from his lack of english and common sense.

btw saw your photos Matty, nice shirt you got btw

Carl5

HSC
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

You are screwed! 44/100? That's is so crap , I warned you at the start of the year and you did not listen :|. Apparently mocking me and not giving me a chance was more important than own hsc mark.

No one was obliged to get tutoring from you.

End of story.

matrix1

Banned
HSC
N/A
Charitable ?? LOL you're making me laugh again Matt. Great joke once again from the so called maths genious. I don't really need to listen to your arrogant attitude again..

Really no want needs help from a jackass like you anyway.. BTW he probably got low 90's as his ATAR. Typical kids who only study maths shown from his lack of english and common sense.

btw saw your photos Matty, nice shirt you got btw

“Really no want needs help from a jackass like you anyway” – looks like a typo from the english genius.

Just think about what you said though, you are saying that the reason I got no one when I was offering it free was because I am acting like a “jackass” now. I can see why you are so crap at maths, you completely lack logical reasoning. So the reason why I got no one at the start of the year was because I was going to act like such a jerk if I didn’t get anyone?

FYI, my ATAR was 95. But why does that even matter? Once again, more stupidity of you dumb hsc kids going for tutors with the highest ATARs and charge the most. To be honest, doing “only maths” is about the best thing I could have done at high school. Engineering subjects are basically 80% maths. If you are shit at maths then you struggle through uni (like the user “davidbarnes” on here). If you put in the work during hsc then university maths and engineering subjects are so much easier.

I’ll ask once again. When someone offers something for free do they “lack common sense”? Remember this time that you know very little about this person but you have most likely seen them help quite a few other people on the site (just trying to put it back in the context when I was offering the free help at the start of the year). I was actually being serious about wanting to help people, I had very little else to do and I was feeling in the “charitable” mood, well I almost always am! (in fact I even encourage you to contact any of my high school teachers to confirm this, very likely I have preformed a somewhat tutor-like role when they had a little trouble explaining a concept to someone. The librarian even regularly asked me maths related questions that their year11 daughter was having trouble with and of course I was more than happy to explain it to the librarian). So why did you dismiss my offer of help (at the start of the year) as “a lack of common sense”?

matrix1

Banned
HSC
N/A
No one was obliged to get tutoring from you.

End of story.
you are correct , but I did tell/warn people what would happen if they didn’t get help (in terms of their failures, and me teasing them because of their failures). I told them this would happen at the end of the year and here I am, true to my word :D.

I really wanted to help and do well, but they wanted to be jerks so that's the way it turned out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)