Intergration help! (1 Viewer)

iishorty

HSC
I'm currently going through the NSGHS 2009 mathematics 2 unit trial and got stuck at question 9d,ii. I've looked at the solutions and don't understand the working out for the question. It involves find the integral of lnx/x^2 from e to 1, using the result in the previous part which was (1-lnx)/x^2.

The solution says that Inx/x^2 = -[(1-lnx)/x^2 - 1/x^2] and uses this to carry out the integration, but I don't understand how that equals that.

Can someone please help me understand it or give me another way of doing the question!

Thanks

rolpsy

HSC
I'm currently going through the NSGHS 2009 mathematics 2 unit trial and got stuck at question 9d,ii. I've looked at the solutions and don't understand the working out for the question. It involves find the integral of lnx/x^2 from e to 1, using the result in the previous part which was (1-lnx)/x^2.

The solution says that Inx/x^2 = -[(1-lnx)/x^2 - 1/x^2] and uses this to carry out the integration, but I don't understand how that equals that.

Can someone please help me understand it or give me another way of doing the question!

Thanks
hmm.. unsure of the actual question but I think this is the gist of it:

iishorty

HSC
Thanks rolpsy.

I'm surprised that I couldn't think of that.

That really helped, I feel so stupid now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)