Maths question problem (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
Hey guys I am unsure how to do question 10 i).

I used simultaneous equations but the answers did something else

can anyone help?

Untitled.jpg

iBibah

HSC
Writing a solution in latex for you now (soz im a bit slow)

iBibah

HSC
After finding k, do you know how to find the initial intensity?

Roy216

HSC
yeah thanks after that I'm good, just want to know why you divided (1) by (2)? thats what the answers had

i tried to work it out by using simultenous equations

iBibah

HSC
yeah thanks after that I'm good, just want to know why you divided (1) by (2)? thats what the answers had

i tried to work it out by using simultenous equations
I also used simultaneous equations. Because I and k are the same in both, just like x and y in your standard simultaneous equation. So really you could have done anything you do to any other simultaneous question, and dividing was the best option to eliminate I

Roy216

HSC
really? i tried making Io the subject for one of the equations then subing it into another, but that didn't seen to work

Roy216

HSC
ok i understand that, but how would you know when one kind is better then the other, because there are many different ways to do simultaneous equations

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
The best way to do a math exam, is actually knowing what you are doing rather than blindly following standard process, being able to find a clever substitution or algebra technique is a skill that is highly needed for math.

iBibah

HSC
really? i tried making Io the subject for one of the equations then subing it into another, but that didn't seen to work
That also works:

Though the other way is probably quicker.

Roy216

HSC
The best way to do a math exam, is actually knowing what you are doing rather than blindly following standard process, being able to find a clever substitution or algebra technique is a skill that is highly needed for math.
I do know what I'm doing, but I've never seen the division simulatenous equation before. Its new to me.

iBibah

HSC
I do know what I'm doing, but I've never seen the division simulatenous equation before. Its new to me.
You might have used it when doing geometric progression questions where you are given two terms (i.e 3rd and 7th) and you have to find the common ratio and first term.

Roy216

HSC
You might have used it when doing geometric progression questions where you are given two terms (i.e 3rd and 7th) and you have to find the common ratio and first term.
Yeah i remember that, ah that too is a simultaneous equation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)