Calculus (1 Viewer)

excellence1

HSC
For a certain garoh, the rate of change of y values with respect to its x- values is given by R= 3x^2 - 2x +1. If the graph passes through the point (-1,3). find the equation.

b) The rate of change in velocity over time is given by dy/dt= 4t + t^2 - t^3 . If the initial velocity is 2 cm s^-1, find the velocity after 15 s.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
These are all like the same questions ahahaha, what are you having trouble with
Just do what I did in the other question

You have a rate of change dy/dx or dy/dt, integrate it to find an equation for y
then sub in the boundary condition to find the constant of integration
and then yeah

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
For a certain garoh, the rate of change of y values with respect to its x- values is given by R= 3x^2 - 2x +1. If the graph passes through the point (-1,3). find the equation.

b) The rate of change in velocity over time is given by dy/dt= 4t + t^2 - t^3 . If the initial velocity is 2 cm s^-1, find the velocity after 15 s.
These are the same type of question. Integrate the given rate of change to get the required function + C, then sub. in the given conditions to solve for C.

excellence1

HSC
I know,i tried applying it but i was a bit off. Maths isn't my forte! (as you can tell), but i am trying my best! :)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I know,i tried applying it but i was a bit off. Maths isn't my forte! (as you can tell), but i am trying my best! :)
Maybe you just made a silly algebra error or something, so you might want to post your working so far. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)