Hardest and Easiest 2U topics? (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Umm I can't really remember the topics from last year but hardest was probs financial

Sp3ctre

HSC
Superannuation and loan repayments in financial maths are the hardest in my opinion, they are usually tested at the end of 2u papers

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I also think superannuation/loan repayment is the hardest topic for 2U.

fluffchuck

HSC
Superannuation and loan repayments, in my opinion, is the most difficult topic in 2U.

jjHasm

HSC
Easiest would be co-ordinate geometry - free marks
Hardest would be superannuation like everyone else is saying, probability is fairly easy. Just with superannuation, usually question's from memory are bombed with a lot of little details and linkages that you need to adress mathematically.

HSC
Easiest would be co-ordinate geometry - free marks
Hardest would be superannuation like everyone else is saying, probability is fairly easy. Just with superannuation, usually question's from memory are bombed with a lot of little details and linkages that you need to adress mathematically.
Coordinate geometry is definitely not the easiest, nor is it free marks. There are enough tools in coordinate geometry to make a challenging question (compared to superannuation).

Superannuation is the same thing with different numbers most of the time, I've only seen a handful of exceptions. It's always A1, A2, A3, ... etc in 2U. It's the most rote learn and limited topic in 2U, you can do most of them without thinking.

There is no definite hardest topic. I've seen hard S&S questions, hard probability questions, and extremely hard geometry questions. And the difficulty of these is far higher than any financial or superannuation question I've seen.

jjHasm

HSC
Coordinate geometry is definitely not the easiest, nor is it free marks. There are enough tools in coordinate geometry to make a challenging question (compared to superannuation).

Superannuation is the same thing with different numbers most of the time, I've only seen a handful of exceptions. It's always A1, A2, A3, ... etc in 2U. It's the most rote learn and limited topic in 2U, you can do most of them without thinking.

There is no definite hardest topic. I've seen hard S&S questions, hard probability questions, and extremely hard geometry questions. And the difficulty of these is far higher than any financial or superannuation question I've seen.
I agree, there isn't a "definite hardest topic" with any of the HSC math's - a hard question in an exam can be assessed from any topic. However relative to the scope of difficulty of 2U and the depth it can assess, co-ordinate geometry is a very shallow topic, where traditionally (looking at past HSC papers etc), there isn't much asked from it. (application of formulas, characteristics of shapes like triangles and parallelograms rhombi..) If you find superannuation easy then kudos to you! Personally it was one of my biggest struggles last year.

MajesticMemes

HSC
Superannuation and annuities are probably the areas which will trip you up the most, but once you understand and apply the process, they're free marks in an exam, but are lengthy. Prelim isn't that bad, just don't forget it because you'll need it (and will be tested) for the HSC. The calculus majority of the HSC course is pretty straight-forward, but is probably the area where you're most prone to making small errors which can cost marks. Really, all the topics are pretty average in terms of difficulty, but the really hard questions which show up in Q15 and 16 of exams (especially in geometry and probability) will tear you apart if you don't practice them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)