what's your worst part of maths? (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hmm i was just wondering, what part of the Mathematics course are you worst at? Personally, I'm pretty good at anything Geometry related, but I suck at Algebra, particularly algebraic fractions and factorising and all that jazz. I think that's whats screwing me up for the rest of course.

Is anybody else having a similar problem?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol yeah complete opposite for me
calculus was easy, and geometry + things u needed a diagram for I stuggled with

Juliet

HSC
Trigonometric identities I SUCK at, no matter how much I try, I just don't get it.:chainsaw:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I know a lot of people struggle with probability.

I personally always hated that parametric/locus topic.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
OMG yes. I HATE trigonometry. Probability is alright... but I've always hated algebra... even though it's the basis for pretty much everything else.

ellipsis

HSC
Originally posted by BaByDoLL11^^
what's your worst part of maths??
Simple. All of it. :chainsaw: :(
Actually, one major problem I have is not keeping track of the minus signs getting an answer thats negative when its supposed to be positve. I always do that. And, yeah, I know it should be easy and I should just pay more attention yadda yadda yadda, but it still always happens.

Yeah, heaps of people I know hate that too. But thats one of the few things I like in maths !!!!!! Its kinda interesting, whilst the rest is all semi human gabble about anti differentiating and what not.

schooly

the worst part of maths will have to be probability and curve sketching. anything else like algebra, calculus, trig, are alright

Juliet

HSC
Perhaps ellipsis you would have been excellent at General Maths. Cos I heard they do a lot more probability than 2 unit Maths.:)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

I personally always hated that parametric/locus topic.
yeah i hate the parametric and the locus... i'm alright with the rest i guess... hahaha i acutally understand what im doing.. but for locus, everything seems to be in a different language.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
probability is by far my worst topic ... and at uni apparently actuarial studies involves alot of that ... o well ...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
OMG, i'm doing rate of change at the moment, and I have NO idea what's going on. It's so confusing.. I hate it

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by BaByDoLL11^^
OMG, i'm doing rate of change at the moment, and I have NO idea what's going on. It's so confusing.. I hate it
are u serious?
its one of the easier aspects of the course
just remember the questions dont vary that much, so the process is all the same - learn how to do one question and u can do them all, the key is repetiton (obviously, lol)

and thats pretty quick, ur already up to applications of calculus

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
are u serious?
its one of the easier aspects of the course
just remember the questions dont vary that much, so the process is all the same - learn how to do one question and u can do them all, the key is repetiton (obviously, lol)

and thats pretty quick, ur already up to applications of calculus
I tells you MinAi, it's not easy... or maybe I'm just dumb.. or maybe my tutor sux0rs.

N

ND

Originally posted by tt_j65

its very easy.
I hope so, but i doubt anything in q7/q8 will be at all easy. Just out of curiosity, if you're class of '03, does that mean that you've already done harder 3u this year? most classes do that last.

timmii

sporadic attendee
projectiles. I don't think i got single question for them right - ever! But then again, they were "taught" to us in a day in a much-rushed attempt to finish the syllabus. Probability I found hard because we learnt it in a week (and not particularly well taught at that), but i found it more interesting than some of the other topics. Didn't partic like trig either - anything remotely practical/spatial e.g geometry confounds me...But I love calculus/algebra etc - same method over and over :D

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
3unit circle geometry i did that ni yr 11? realli everyone does that last 0_o?

N

ND

Originally posted by sukiyaki
3unit circle geometry i did that ni yr 11? realli everyone does that last 0_o?
Nah not 3u circle geom, i'm talking about harder 3u circle geom, which is in the 4u course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)