bombing out FAST! (1 Viewer)

kylie

hey well i just bombed about 25% of my math assessment mark (ie 10 minutes ago) in my half yearly. i offically HATE mathamatics. its just too bad that i didn't do general maths when i had the chance or completey ditch math altogether. now with only two topics to go i am contemplating whether to drop down to general but i don't think i have enough GUTS.

what do you guys think? anyone else in this continuously, fast sinking boat?

Jeo

I slept thru the exam

It doesn't count

Thats because I do extension maths :D

Jinglebell

HSC
what exactly is the problem? do you not understand the concepts or do you have one area yo just can't get or do you just not enjoy maths?

and do you have a tutor? after i bombed a maths test and wanted to drop i started tutoring and not only does it make you understand more but it boosts your confidence too.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
so umm.. how did u go in all your other exams? i dont think u should drop down to gerneral coz there isnt enough time left to catch up on both prelim and hsc. so i dont think u should. and plus, i do 2u and i look at the general stuff from my mates and i cant do them! yeah its strange, i couldnt do any gerneral questions besides area and perimeter stuff.

but yeah - you should get a tutor. they help alot!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kylie
hey well i just bombed about 25% of my math assessment mark (ie 10 minutes ago) in my half yearly. i offically HATE mathamatics. its just too bad that i didn't do general maths when i had the chance or completey ditch math altogether. now with only two topics to go i am contemplating whether to drop down to general but i don't think i have enough GUTS.

what do you guys think? anyone else in this continuously, fast sinking boat?
u'd be better of sticking with 2u, coz it'll be harder to do general math now, because most of the course is vastly different to the 2u course

Jinglebell

HSC
i look at the general stuff from my mates and i cant do them!
good point...my friends in general used to ask me for help, but they gave up when i kept looking blankly at them and asking what the hell i was looking at:) especially all the financial stuff they do that i haven't even thought about since yr9/10. i'm pretty sure anyone who dropped to general now would do worse than they were before...

Winston

HSC
yeah general is actually harder than any courses higher in maths

its harder than 3 unit i think

its all problem solving and so much terms you have to know

and you said with just two topics left? damn your school goes fast youll be revising so much in that time, we've still got like 4 or 5 topics, perhaps your teacher/class/school is racing too fast, 2 unit really isnt thta hard, i have problems with it in the exam coz of being nervous, stick with it, its fun and quite logical at times

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah i think we have 4-5 topics to go....

That could be why your struggling... It might be to fast

And I agree... Maths tutors rock!! You go into the test all cocky and confident.. However in my case... make st0pid errors and then take it back to your tutor and demand a refund

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
yeah general is actually harder than any courses higher in maths

its harder than 3 unit i think
Ok i sincerely doubt that... I just had a look at some general past papers. I still find 3 unit relatively challenging compared with this.

Winston

HSC
lol i meant in general
seriously

anything after 2 unit general isnt as harder to fink and prepare

all u have to do is practice it gets soo simple and ur just doing the same ques over and over

in general its all that yucky money , business calculations hehe

PG5

HSC
hmm... unless u do general maths in conjunction with Business Studies and Economics...

in 3 U, there r some challenging questions and a lot of formulas/concepts to remember as well...

PG5

HSC
but like subject though, u'd have to know the concept first. If you don't know the concept, you won't know what you're doing. So yeah... that' s probably why you couldn't do the question.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i agree with the fact dat GENERAL is way harder than 2u/3u!!!!:) i can't do ne of the questions in general.....

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy
i agree with the fact dat GENERAL is way harder than 2u/3u!!!!:) i can't do ne of the questions in general.....
do u do General? coz if u don't, then how would you expect that you would know how to do the work if u haven't studied it??

i love it how u guys rekon general is harder than 2U - it's cos you haven't studied the concepts etc.. that's why you find it hard - it'd be like trying to write an essay on an english text you haven't studied....

Yvan Zivkovic

HSC
N/A
No chance

General harder? Not likely.

Its probably just the way you look at it. I look at the general stuff, while I'm doing 2U and think its very easy. I guess its just how the mind works.

kylie

my hindsight....

...well its been SIX WEEKS since that dreaded exam... thanks guys.. i'm sticking to 2 unit.. not nesessarily because of any thing on this thread (as interesting as it has been).. but i attemped the general hsc paper and got 80%... you would think that understanding the concepts, as easy as they are, would be enough to drop DOWN (it being kindergarden work and all) but i cant be bothered... its not just that im lazy or stupid but i origianally did 2 unit because i actually LIKEd math back then (no longer the case) and wanted to prove to everyone who douted me (ie my teacher whom i still have to this very day) and more importanty to myself... SO WHAT IF I FAIL... AT LEAST I DIDN"T GIVE UP!!!!

by the way i failed my half yearly MISERABLY
i forgot half the formulas...

but i managed to do better in my open book
cheat sheets are GREAT!!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
general being harder than extension doesnt make any sense at all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)