OK, I'm stumped. (1 Viewer)

Yvan Zivkovic

HSC
N/A
Yep, I suck at 2U maths. :p

Well, go figure, I did intermediate for year 10, now I regret it.

Anyway, I'm not going down to general, but I just did mt half yearly and afraid to even know what mark I got, so apart from 'studing', what advice can anyone offer me? any books or courses? Ideas or things to remember? I'm using the cambridge Maths Year 11 book and its really pathetic. Its based on assumed knowledge and as I said, I did Intermediate in year 10.

Obviously studing is something I should focus on, but what should I use for aids? Is there much on the web or any books anyone can recommend at all?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Yvan Zivkovic
Obviously studing is something I should focus on, but what should I use for aids? Is there much on the web or any books anyone can recommend at all?
well for maths, the only think u can do it practice, practice, and PRACTICE SOME MORE!!

MuahUAHuah

umm as for books... for general maths, DONT get the jacender book, from what i heard that book is crap... all the answers are wrong and leaves ya clueless...

for 2u (if u dont drop) get coroneus or jacander :)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
inter + advanced maths are EXACTLY the same
its just that advance maths had extras bits like logs and circle geometry (you only cover this in 3unit ) and polynomials (3unit too) so its arent too bad and you will learn logs aagin in year 12..

like tooheyz said practice makes perfect!!, your in yr 11 rite? dun dropped yet in general.... you can still work hard and do well =P

maths in focus is the best book I came across in questions.. and not to mentinoed the examples as well. Fitzpatrick is the one im using its got good questions the examples are a bit weird but its overall okay, good thing is that itcombines 2unit yr 11 and yr 12 together.. saves $$$
Excel HSc matsh is okay, its really on a basic level doent go into depth or anything but good if you stuck or lost onf a specific topic

Last edited:

JUB JUB

HSC
the red maths in practice book is the best book that I have come
across: get it and do every question in it before your exam.
Don't waste time doing stuff you already know.
good luck:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)