Maths Marks (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hello,
I am completing 2 Unit Maths, and there is only 5 - 2 unit kids ( including me) and 1 - 3 unit kid.

All of our 2 unit kids are getting average marks of around 40-60%, and we just completed the catholic trial (unedited) and found IT VERY HARD. I don't think I will pass :-(

Does this mean in the HSC I will be getting a 'band 1' because I am not meeting the course requirements etc..

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No. Your raw assessment marks don't matter, only your rank. They will all be moderated according to the performance of your class on the exam.

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
A q Laz:

Not necessarily for maths, but modern history, i get good marks, but rank at the bottom compared to all the smart kids. What happens there???

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Nightshade
A q Laz:

Not necessarily for maths, but modern history, i get good marks, but rank at the bottom compared to all the smart kids. What happens there???
u getting good marks and ranked at the bottom indicates that ur cohort will do well overall in the HSC exam, and therefore your moderated assessment marks will be on average, pretty high
so if ur class continues to do well, u should be fine in terms of HSC mark, even with a low rank

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
What MinAi said is true, but only if your school isn't marking leniently (i.e. they mark like the Board does).

ben

Don't worry about failing 2U maths assessments too much... our courses average for 2unit (we have 200 people) was about 55% for semester 1 exam, haven't got trials back.

Halba

2unit maths is easy

Yeah you shouldn't be failing. 2u is piss easy IMHO. Start studyin!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I bet u do 3U dont u Halba

I find 2U pretty easy as well, but thats cos i do 3U
im sure some normal 2U ppl find it challenging, especially the latter questions

ben

Grrrr - i hate all the damn 3U people going on about how easy it - but i usally bet them anyway... loosers (not you guys :) )

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
Thanks heaps peeps. I was scared from a while when Morgues said that only ranking matters.... It sux a little coz im coming 7th when 1st is only 3 marks ahead of me! Tough class i say.

Thanks heaps again.

Halba

yeah sorry

i was being a moron i admit it. Yep u were right i do 3unit, but 3unit i haven't been doing all that great so i know how it feels.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
I bet u do 3U dont u Halba

I find 2U pretty easy as well, but thats cos i do 3U
im sure some normal 2U ppl find it challenging, especially the latter questions
That's true! I think 2U would be a LOT easier if I was a 3U student. 2U would seem a LOT more simpler if you were forced to know it, as a 3U student would have to do.

Morgues

I would go as far as choosing 3 unit even if you know your going to go bad in it because even if your getting 10% in 3 unit you still have a major advantage over the 2 unit maths people

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Morgues
I would go as far as choosing 3 unit even if you know your going to go bad in it because even if your getting 10% in 3 unit you still have a major advantage over the 2 unit maths people
unless you can't even do that...

Halba

yeah true

At my school i get bagged out by 4U kids, who brag they can easily do 3U.

ben

Originally posted by Morgues
when i dropped 3U i started doing a lot better in 2U

liz

HSC
Yeah i dropped 3 unit at the begining of year 12. And now i'm understanding 2 unit alot better.

ben

Originally posted by liz
Yeah i dropped 3 unit at the begining of year 12. And now i'm understanding 2 unit alot better.
I dropped it at the end of the preliminary course because i got 17/84 for the final exam...:p

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
I dropped 4u after 4 weeks, lol. I thought it was tough, but doing that freed up a lot of time that i could work on 3u and 2u.

I guess the same can be said for 2u people who dropped 3u, which is why most of them are going well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)