Ghost stories - Wagga campus (1 Viewer)

lunamonster

HSC
N/A
Hi, my name is Cynthia and I’m new to this forum but I can’t stand it much longer and I am trying this to see if anyone else had experienced anything close to mine..

I was an overseas student (Singapore). I graduated in 1995 Wagga campus studying double majors Accounting and Computer Science. Throughout my 3 years, I’ve always stayed at Main self catered except one semester I was posted to South Block W.

When I first arrived, I’ve been told about the ‘usual’ places like South campus and Tullock Lodge, but I’ve had my own personal encounters that included other places besides these. The most scary ones happened to me at House D (I think its no longer there, back in my last trip in 2001, it was boarded up and torn down), Butler halls and South Campus Block B room 31?

House D :
This happened during my first year/first semester Sept 1992.
I was walking back from my friend’s place in Doman after discussing assignments one night (2.30ish am) to my cottage. I walked along the road between the cottages and the houses.
I had some friends staying at House D and noticed that the lights were on. And actually wanted to drop in and say hi if not for the time.
So I just walked past and then I saw a silhouette of a girl with bobbed hair staring out at me from the kitchen (side) window. None of my girl frens there had bobbed hair, both had long straight hair. So I thought it was really strange… I didn’t give it much thought after I walked past (reaching the “kink” in the road), I decided to take another look and to my horror, the silhouette was popping out of the window and looking at me too. Then I remembered that there is a large sink in front of that window and for someone to do that, she/he must climb on the large sink and lean out.
Naturally I freaked, turned around and nearly sprinted back.
I asked my frens the next day after the incident and they said they had no such visitors.

Butler Halls :
This is a case of several sightings of an Asian girl with long black hair, she is always in a red silk slip dress, always seen weeping and with her face in her hands.
My friend’s sister visited and said that she saw someone crying at the female toilet on the 2nd floor of Butler A. I was concerned then as I was the VP of the overseas student union, thinking that one of the Asians was having a problem. But when I went to check she was gone. I left it as that until……
One night I had to make a phone call home around midnight and I made my way to the phone booths outside Security. It was during vacation, so the uni was almost deserted except for some language students and some overseas students waiting to go home (June 1994).
I saw a girl matching that description sitting on one of the logs outside Butler C? (at the carpark), she was facing away (towards the dining hall).
I thought to myself, it is freezing cold and why is she there.. I was looking at her and noticed that she was motionless, something told me not to approach her…
My mom wasn’t home so I had to make another call later and headed back to my cottage without giving a third look.
The scary thing is.. an hour later .. 1+am, I headed back to the phones and she was still there in the same position. I freaked, made my phonecall quick and left as soon as possible.
A group of Japanese language students broke the silence, but I didn’t stick around to see if they saw the same thing.

South Campus Block B :
The thing about south campus, if anyone doesn’t know. It used to be a hospital. Everyone freaks out whenever we bring them to Block A. (It still smells like one, eh?).
Block B was an extention of the hospital, Block X and W were nurses/staff quarters and the laundry room was the morgue. .. I don’t know for sure. But South campus is creepy. Some friends of mine took a picture standing outside the laundry room. They were alone but the developed picture showed otherwise.
My mom visited me in the Sept holidays in 1992, and we were moved out of our residences to accommodate the external students, so a few of us were posted to South.
Something happened one night (I was sleeping on the floor, my mom on my bed). I woke up close to 5pm and felt something or someone forcefully brushing my right arm (I was lying on my left side). I looked back thinking it was my mom, but nothing was there. So alarmed, I sat up and woke my mom up. And at that instant the radiator belt blew. I don’t know what happened. You can ask my mom, she saw how freaked out I was.

I have a lot more experiences.

To name a few more, wooly’s carpark, the road after the old Murrumbidgee bridge (back then the old bridge was still functioning), the field between Butler C and Steward halls, the road leading up to the relay towers in Captain Cook hill and one particular cottage in St Martin’s I stayed in before I graduated.

But not to bore anyone, I will stop here.. for the moment.

Tell me I’m crazy, but I still think about my experiences 10 years on…

But hey ! Thanks for reading… and please tell me if u have experienced anything.

lunamonster

HSC
N/A
Wooly’s carpark :
One night a few of us were doing some really late shopping.. not just for goons.. :)
We were walking back to our car parked there and we all heard a girl’s cry.. Thought someone was in trouble but we looked around the parked cars and nobody was there.. ??

Road after the old bridge (the old bridge was still used in my time) :
I was travelling back to South campus from visiting some friends at Main.
Instead of driving through Fitzmaurice Street, I decided to drive through Travers Street. So I made a right turn from the old bridge. This was around 2+am..
As it was a ‘high’ vantage point from the old bridge, I did not see any head/rear lights from any cars, so I assumed I was the only driver. I also had my driver’s side window down.
But the minute I turned into Travers, a white falcon (80s model?) (I can tell by the lines on the headlamps that it is a falcon) came right up next to my window.
At first I thought it was the police, so I slowed down.

But then the car (which was really silent, no engine noise at all, I didn’t have any radio/music on) started to appear as if it was veering into my car. As if it wanted to run me off the road.
So I slammed on the brakes and looked around immediately.
But there was no other car in sight.
No rear lamps, no head lamps and no, there were no other roads that it could have turned into..
The next day I told Roz (Dunn) about it and she told me that a couple years back before my time, there was an accident involving a uni student. He went drinking with friends at the Black Swan and was heading into town. But he dropped something on the passenger side floor and bent over to pick it up.
But he left his right hand on the steering and tragically pulled the steering to the right whilst doing so. He veered straight into a trailer and died. And yes, he was driving a white falcon.
I asked several more friends about it and according to them Gardiner Street outside uni seems to be creepy.
One friend said that once she was driving back towards uni, a car suddenly appeared in front of hers and she slammed the brakes only to find no car was there. (she also said white falcon).
And another friend also said that whilst he was driving the same road one night, he felt someone high beaming him from behind but when he checked the rear view mirror, there were no cars there..

lunamonster

HSC
N/A
Field between Steward and Butler C :
This is a short encounter.. could be anything, but its my least scary experience..
Stayed up studying for exams and decided to take a break and do laundry at around 2am.. (yes, I am weird)
I was using the laundry room near the dining hall and had just put my clothes into the dryers and on my way back over to the cottages thinking I was the only person around when suddenly a burly Aussie guy with curly blond hair brushed past me heading towards the dining halls.. He was wearing a light coloured Tshirt and rolled up pants, and he was barefooted.
I was in the middle of that field and at first thought nothing about it except that he must find it really strange that Asians are always doing stupid things like laundry at 2am.
So anyways, I turned around immediately (2secs?) to see where he was heading to but he wasn’t there.
It wasn’t a badly lit area and anyways its not possible to clear that field in that short time. The least I could have caught was his back, but there was no sign of him at all..
I didn’t feel very scared, jus a little bit bothered.

Anyways, the rumours list the south campus fields to be haunted. Just had a lot of people talking about “running into” spirits whilst walking on the field. I never really stepped foot on that field, so I cannot comment.

Captain Cook hill (correct name?)
There is a hill/ botanic gardens in town that leads up to a relay tower. I cant remember the name, so please bear with me.
Anyways, its after exams now and my friends and I (3 of us) decided to get some beer and drive up to the lookout and relax. This was after dinner, around 10.30pm. It was really cold and bloody windy too, 11degrees?
We only stayed for an hour because we were really tired. So we started down the hill. (I set the gears to neutral and drifted down really slowly) when suddenly all 3 of us spotted a jogger (Tall, pale and lanky guy with really short blond hair, wearing a red sleeveless Tshirt and matching shorts) running uphill past my driver’s side of the car.
At first we all thought it was really stupid to jog in this freezing weather and in total darkness too.
Then it hit us that this is really not normal. We freaked, engaged gears and sped the way back.
We didn’t talk about it anymore.
Maybe it really was a very health/exercise conscious person that we saw, but really it was truly very very cold and very dark.

lunamonster

HSC
N/A
This is by far the scariest and the last experience for me in Wagga.

St Martins :
I was due to fly home in June 95. But before then, I was moved out of my last cottage into St Martins with a few other overseas students.
It was the cottage nearest to the road, in front of the St Martin’s chapel?
There were 6 of us. 4 were on the right wing (facing the road) and my friend and I occupied 2 of the remaining 4 rooms on the left wing.
I stayed there for a week.

Nothing felt bad but throughout the night, I kept hearing the clicking of someone locking and unlocking the doors. I thought it was my friend, and left it as that.
It went on for the entire night… every 5/10 mins at varying intervals, clicking. I came out thinking it was my friend but nobody was there.

The next night, the same thing happened and so the next day, I asked my friend why she was having such a restless night, and she said she thought I was having a restless night, and she was wondering why I was coming in and out of my room so often.. we both checked the hallway time and time again and nobody was there. Then we freaked.

Nobody in the right wing heard anything weird. It only seems to happen in the left wing.
The clicking can be heard during the day too, and I’ve heard it even from the common room and the toilet.

We approached the RA (the Pastor, can’t remember his name) about this and he thought that maybe it was the wind coming in from an unsecured window.. so we got the master key from him and found that the windows in the other 2 rooms were properly shut. We didn’t remember strong winds coming in from our windows either.

I was not happy at all. Dreaded the 3rd night and decided to go rent a TV and VCR (yes, ancient times) to take my mind off everything for the rest of the week.
Then, that night, (can’t remember which video I rented) I wanted constant noise so I left the tape to play to the end, rewind itself and play again.. VCRs can do this… But I woke up in the middle of night, only to witness the video reaching the end of its rewinding, then it proceeded to eject itself from the VCR and then the VCR switched itself off and the bloody TV had to switch itself off too.
I bloody nearly screamed. Because immediately after that, there was a very loud click. Yes, somebody or something unlocked/locked MY door.

I was staring scared shitless at the VCR and TV.. Nothing was going to make me look at the door. I just know for sure that it was my door this time.
I sprinted out of bed, switched the TV and the VCR back on, inserted the tape and again and raised the volume. (I made a note to apologise profusely to my friend and I don’t think she would mind). Ran back to bed, buried myself in the doona and prayed like hell for day break. I still totally REFUSE to look at the door.. I didn’t want to run out of the room either, I don’t want to “run into” anything.
The next morning, I told everyone and thank God one of our other friends (staying in the other wing) was leaving that day and he wanted the both of us to move into his room after he has vacated.

I gladly accepted. But my friend being a devout Christian wanted to stay on in her room. We tried like hell to move her but she just didn’t want to. So being the chicken I was I moved and in the remaining nights, there was pure silence.

But I was still worried sick about my friend but she was a real trooper, totally refusing to move despite repeated subsequent pleadings..

I was so scared to get out that I remember I haphazardly packed and forgot to take my Systems Design assignment 3 which I left in that room’s closet. My teammates were totally pissed about it. I am too.. it was a good assignment .. :)

Don’t know what it is, but I have since NEVER looked at a VCR ever the same again.

There were lots of rumours about St Martins.. About people peering into the windows from outside.
Waking up to find someone crouching next to your bed staring at the floor…
And door chains swinging suddenly..

Didn’t see/hear/feel any of all the rumours I heard from O week. Such as:

• sealed room in Tulloch Lodge due to a suicide
  • South campus field (as mentioned earlier)
  • south campus activity hall (not sure whether its still there.. its in the middle of the campus, building by itself with vending machines inside, it was always closed
  • south campus Y block ? can't remember.. it’s the one next to the laundry/morgue. It had a red door that can be seen from inside the laundry. Some have seen an old lady standing at that red door. Still remember being very apprehensive that during the holidays we had to pack our belongings into the store room located in the laundry, where rumoured bodies use to be stored.
  • Main campus dining hall, rumours of a boy who killed himself while sitting on the roof.
  • Lake Albert? Yep there were stories there too.
But I swear by everything I have written of my own accounts that it really happened to me. May my soul burn in darkest hell if I was lying. Its not accounts of other people, but by my own eyes/ears (and those who accompanied me in some cases).
There were other instances, but those were basically feelings of dread in certain areas. Most of the time in South campus.

I’d like to Thank everyone who bothered to read my stories. You may not believe me, but at least I bloody got it off my chest.

There’s also this theory that only overseas students encounter such bizarre incidents. But maybe, just maybe its because we are around during most holidays (when the grounds are next to deserted and everyone has gone home) and also because most of us are night owls, staying up late studying and what have you..

But just in case you do see/feel/hear something, I would really like to compare notes.. and yes, I really mean it, if you see a long dark haired girl in a red slip weeping with her face buried in her hands. PLEASE DON’T BOTHER she’s been like that for more than 10 bloody years.

If I happen to remember anymore I will write…..

Till then, I wish everyone a good studying experience.

Away from all this horror, CSU Wagga will always have a really really special place in my heart.

The teachers/admin staff were all EXTREMELY nice and friendly (I particularly miss Libby (Accommodation) and Wayne.. are they still there?

I have a lot of good memories to die with.

kylie_robbo

I think you are more than a bit disturbed...

And with the Marties cottages having faces appear at the windows: it is probably just the residents of 374 trying to annoy everyone else, especially 373...

"No! You open the door!"

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
yerh the house d ghost visits me all the time when im outside late at night (as i live in house c), she has a sad story to tell about something, utter bullshit

pho_unguyen

HSC
dunno bout main campus...but iv recently moved to wagga and my friend told me a creepy story bout south campus
Before any of us knew south campus use to be a hospital....my friends told us:
one night wen they were sleepiing, a plate just suddenly fell off the shelf. But the thing is she placed the plate in a container..in a position which mad it impossible for it to fall off by itself... did someone push it off the shelf? :s even if these stories are just bs...its pretty interestin

lunamonster

HSC
N/A
Block A for the longest time still smells like a hospital.

bs or no bs.. its up to everyone to believe.
but I know what I experienced and I will take it to my grave.
my stories are jus here as a written record. There are no other written accounts anywhere.

but Thanks to everyone who read.

lunamonster

HSC
N/A
help? I've healed.. Thanks.

let it go? its a little difficult..

am I crazy? who isnt? Its more fun.

are my stories for real? its up to u.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
im crazy here.... but not stupid, meanwhile has ne1 seen my calculator?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)