Anyone get their application form/questionnaire? (1 Viewer)

jizmiester

I got sent my application form yesterday for B Arts (communication-journalism), and they're asking for like all this info about your previous experience in your chosen carreer path... like i did a little work experience at a newspaper, but thats about it!

Should be some fun "altering of the truth" involved...

Last edited:

lingling

CSU forms!

mine came the other day to. I haven't had ANY experience in media, I did physiotherapy for year 10 work exp. I have no idea what to do, whether to squeeze in some work exp after the HSC or just fudge it. Have you been to CSU bathurst? and if so, what did you think of it?

jizmiester

yeah i've been to have a look at it and the facilities look great... cant say much about most of the accommodation though... otherwise its a great uni for media etc... its not my first preference but its definately up there! I RECCOMMEND IF YOU PLAN ON GOING THERE, BOOK A TOUR AND HAVE A LOOK.... I THINK YOU'D LIKE IT...

fringey

HSC
Yeah I got mine too. It is a bit of a joke. Who do I know in the industry, hmmm, yeah I'm a year 12 student who is way up there with kerry packer or should I say kezza!!! It seems like soo much work, i'm going to do it after the HSC... but then there is schoolies ahhh!! Where is the time?!

lingling

I went to CSU a few weeks ago with friends. I'm actually pretty local, but I go to school in sydney. The students where on uni-holidays when I went, so it was good to just look around. The only place that looked OKAY to live in was JOV. There were these two towers that looked like a prison block with beer bottles smashed everywhere... hahaha, I don't know about the accomodation.
They have their own radio station and such which looks good. I have 3 CSU media-related courses in my preferences, which means I have to write 3 of those ridiculous essays, try to lie my way through the questionnaire and go to an audition. I don't finish the HSC until the second last day, then there is schoolies and such, and I have to find time to meet people in the industry and get experience before DECEMBER 15th... not looking good!

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well, I actually took CSU off my preferences to fit in another course... but I'm still not sure and I might put it back in so I suppose I should fill in the damn questionaire! :(

jizmiester

you're a local and you go to school in sydney!?? WTF?

yeah... i went to CSU 2nd last week of school after they had their "final fling" party...and like you said the towers were filled with beer bottles.... nah.. i really liked the cottages if i was going to stay any where... JOV was a bit eeeww... the radio station was heaps good...and if i wanna do sumthin in broadcasting...i think that'd be a lotta help...

hav u checked out the media course at wollongong? or the accommodation? VERY NICE :)

jizmiester

you're a local and you go to school in sydney!?? WTF?

yeah... i went to CSU 2nd last week of school after they had their "final fling" party...and like you said the towers were filled with beer bottles.... nah.. i really liked the cottages if i was going to stay any where... JOV was a bit eeeww... the radio station was heaps good...and if i wanna do sumthin in broadcasting...i think that'd be a lotta help...

hav u checked out the media course at wollongong? or the accommodation? VERY NICE :) (thats my first preference!)

fringey

HSC
Yeah the gong is so nice, especially the accomodation side of things!! So many choices, not enough time!! Ill have to check out Bathurst though probably after the hsc ... oH and we also have to arrange formal things... my life is a mess!!!!!

lingling

I am a boarder in Sydney, but I live in the country. I haven't even thought about media courses anywhere but CSU. In fact 6 of my 8 preferences are CSU, but not all communications and not all at Bathurst. I wish I had checked out other uni's but I just got one track minded I guess.

jizmiester

oh yeah formal! well lingling i think you really need to have a look at the gong cos it is so beautiful! not just the course! it's friendly, clean and safe..and the course is relatively new so it could be a new experience...although i've heard nothing but good things about the course.

Although the reputation does lie in CSU, ur ok cos ur a country person and probably used to it! ALthough i cant see myself 2 1/2 hours away from home!!! (it's backup)

lingling

you might want to contact the uni and get one sent to you. jizmiester: do you know what kind of UAI they are looking for at UoW?

fringey

HSC
I assume something quite high for the gong. I'm leaning towards the 80's-90's. But you can't really tell, if you were talented, 70's. I don't even think they could tell you, it depends on soo many factors especially demand. SOO do your best... that's all you can do!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)