Clinical Science pathway into Dentistry (1 Viewer)

HelloTisMe

HSC
Heya, I was wondering how much I would increase my chances are of getting into Dentistry by transferring from Clinical Science after one year as opposed to getting straight in from yr12. Suppose I got good marks for that year. Also, how many people applied for last year's course?

Thanks in advance

Doomah

HSC
internal transfers would always be easier than through uac. having said that you still need a DN average to get into dentistry

wouldnt the better path be via b.oral science?

HelloTisMe

HSC
Why would it be better to do it through Oral Science? I looked at the course structure for Clinical Science and it looks quite interesting. Also, would it be hard to get a distinction average for Clinical Science? How hard is it to get into the course? Do rural applicants have priority over metro?

Doomah

HSC
baucause oral science is directly related to b.dent, you would get to know more of the lecturers that are more involved with the dentistry course.

how hard to get a DN average depends on how smart u are and how much effort you put in.

how hard is it to get a 95UAI? not that hard for some, impossible for others.

and yes Rural do get first priority over city students

HelloTisMe

HSC
The CSU site says that BCSci is a pathway to Dent but it doesn't mention anything about oral health.

Also, will a high STAT score increase my chances of being accepted into the course?

Last edited:

HelloTisMe

HSC
So katie, I'm guessing you study at CSU. What course do you do? I have so many questions that I want answered about the dentistry course but I havn't found anyone that could tell me anything. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

HelloTisMe

HSC
What do I have to do to raise my chances of getting accepted into the dent course? I'm a metropolitan student and I really wanna get in.

I'm doing work experience with a local dentist who apparently knows the head of dentistry of CSU so hopefully that will help. Also, the site mentions that a good chem mark demonstrates an aptitude for the subject. Right now I'm ranked 3/57 for chem in High school and I'm trying my hardest to get good marks in it for my HSC. Will getting a good STAT mark help?

What else can I do to improve my chances?

Doomah

HSC
clinical science is almost identical to my degree. first year is pretty easy to maintain a credit average in. chem knowledge from yr12 would help with chem1a and chem1b, but i didnt do it at school and i managed to get through. anat and phys is pretty easy and stats is the worst subject on the face of the planet, but i passed it and i'm shit at maths.

you will still have to do a few first year subjects specific to bdentalscience that arent offered with clin sci or oral health, so it wouldnt matter which one you applied for a transfer from
Doomah has no idea what he/she is talking about, as evidenced by most posts in the CSU forums. They'd be wise to stop spreading false information.

lmfao. this coming from someone on their 2nd degree doing virtually the same thing over again. and couldn't pass stat for shit.

whereas i got a HD for stats with 1 day study.

tully, if you are doing stat again for this degree, come see me, i can help u too get a HD with 1 day study. LOL

to hellotisme, listen to who you will, but this bitch dunno shit. all talk and no action. :haha:

if u listen to tully, all you will get at the end of 6 years is tully and trust me u dont want that. :rofl:

HelloTisMe

HSC
Are there any tips you could give me that could make my application stand out from the rest? And also, if I give them an impression that I have no interest to work in rural areas, would I be lessening my chances of getting in? I don't actually mind working in rural areas, it's just that I'd rather not have my city-like instincts disadvantage me in the interview, if you get what I mean. x]

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
Are there any tips you could give me that could make my application stand out from the rest? And also, if I give them an impression that I have no interest to work in rural areas, would I be lessening my chances of getting in? I don't actually mind working in rural areas, it's just that I'd rather not have my city-like instincts disadvantage me in the interview, if you get what I mean. x]
Yes, your application would be basically useless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)