boarding at bathurst? (1 Viewer)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
hey just wondering who else is applying to board at bathurst and at what accomodation
i'm applying for JOV and cottages
single
self catered
should be fun
and i'm doing option 2 so i can leave my things there
hows about everyone else going here..and for what course?
i'm doing B psychology(hons)
anyone else know others in this course?
meh.. post away :)

bex

HSC
towers (yeah baby!)
package 1
2nd yr comm radio
hope to see you there!:D

jizmiester

ive got some friends staying at jov, but ive heard its shithouse...(thanx bex;)...paperthin walls, shit furnature...and a damn hike from the uni bar!! man!! and what happens if in ur hut u get stuck with 8 retards u dont like...thats gotta suck!...oh well...
bex do u know much about cottages...or are u still a TOWERS all the way person...;)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
i'd prefer JOV to towers though..and i'm assuming towers are MTG right?
although i rekon cottages are still the best outta all of em
man i so hope i get cottages
*fingers crossed
i'm sending all my enrollment things in tomorrow...
and i calld up and got my logon id and password so i was able to fill in accom application
should be fun

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
nah, just heard of ppl and talked to ppl over hpone and photos...
what are the towers then?
diggings?
i'm so lost know..cause when i applied online there was no 'towers'
are they called something else?
are they the ones 1.7km out of campus
cause that mtg
anyone knows... jizzy?
jizzy..thats just a wrong name... meh :)

jizmiester

nah man, they're called Heath and Cottrell Houses...and MTG is like 1.7km away...

yeah jizz is a pretty digusting name, names jez...kinda grew from that

fringey

HSC
Are you sure? Perhaps you should check again. I did mine yesterday and towers was there. Did you click the right campus (Bathurst)??

hazza

my sis goes to csu bathurst, she says jov has paper thin walls so you can hear everything, mtg is like ages away, diggings is shit cos its self catering, cottage is ok but is away from the uni bar.. and towers is closest to the uni bar and one person per room e.t.c apprently the best with the best people in it.

WOO GO TOWERS

bex

HSC
haha hazza i like your style!

Yeah jez im towers all the way lol!

Windradyne (the cottages... noone calls them the cottages.. theyre WNDRADYNE!) is probably the nicest accomadation on campus and also the most expensive. The rooms are bigger and brighter than the others and also the kitchens are newer and are full kitchens not just kitchenettes like the rest of catered accomadation. There are 8 to a cottage and you might be lucky in getting one that has pretty cool people in it. OR things could go completely wrong.... one girl in a cottage full of only girls was a psycho and had tantrums in which she once lunged at dormie with an iron lol. PS she may still be there this year!!!

Upsides to Windradyne: its quiet (if you like that sorta thing!), new and nice. There is one person to a room. Also close to the gym (where we also have exams), tennis courts and the postoffice/ minimart/ accomadation office.

Downsides:
its furthers from the CSUSAB building (the unibar, deanos cafe, gazzas take away, the shop, the darrel lea shop [aka the ciggie shop] and the student councillers etc), dining hall and the coop bookshop as well as average distance to classes. There are 8 to a cottage and you might be lucky in getting one that has pretty cool people in it. OR things could go completely wrong.... one girl in a cottage full of only girls was a psycho and had tantrums in which she once lunged at dormie with an iron lol. PS she may still be there this year!!!

TOWERS
Upsides: its closest to the CSUSAB building , dining hall and the coop as well as pretty close to classes. Its highly social with 30 people to a dorm and the RAS are great this year!! We're also getting a tv room and have a pool room.

Downsides: Its noisy at times, dead at others. It looks like a gaol (which is ok cause it gets trashed half the time anyway.. my parents came over after a big night and just raised their eyebrows at me! lucky i have the grades to keep them satisfied lol) and the rooms are tiny. I dont really have trouble with the rooms cause im a short person anyway and i find my room to be ultra cosy!

PS TOWERS IS NOT MTG!!!
MTG is Mitchell, Truskett and Gorden Houses which are about 1km from the uni... it seems close but is a bitch of a walk especially in the rain!! I dont know a lot about MTG... i dont think anyone does unless they live there! but ive heard some random shit goes down!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
oh i see now
i found it
it was in my haste and stupidity that i missed it
apologies all round
so what are ur prefs
mine are:

pref1. catered towers P2
pref2. catered JOV P2
pref3. self catered diggings P2
pref4. self catered cottage P1

this moving out of home thing is getting better and better
i work at big w currently plus other side jobs, but i am gaurenteed a job at the bathurst big w when i move..how sweet is that :)..i get to transfer w00t w00t
should be fun
btw how far are u guys all coming from
i'm making my way from penrith area

Last edited:

fringey

HSC
Thanks for all that info bex! Especially the crazy iron girl warning!! :)

Do you guys rekon its going to be hard to get our first preference for accomodation?? I hope not.

Last edited:

bex

HSC
with accomadation its just luck of the draw really.. returners have already been allocated their accomadation so we dont have to go back in the ballot with all the first years.. its hard to say whether or not you will get in although most people do. some go onto the waiting list, which tends to move pretty fast cause people either drop out, dont show up etc. whilst youre on the waiting list you have to find other temporary accomadation which isnt always so bad- i know people who have liked their temp so much they have just stayed..its pretty ok. I just came back from Big Day Out Day 2- i worked there both days and i saw so many csu people! it was insane!

Timmo

hey every1, Im doin comm-journo and i put my acomodation in the other day and a friend who goes 2 csu said theyve done up John Oxley Village heaps recently and it has the best social life so I put that 1st then towers 2nd...did any1 else put JOV 1st?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)