Parent ceremony (1 Viewer)

fringey

HSC
On the first day are your parents going to stay for the parent ceremony thingy? I was just going to see on the day what everyone else was doing. I'm such a sheep sometimes!!

jizmiester

yeah my olds are staying...and i have a good friend coming with us 2...just to see the uni, get my shit to bathurst and help me get into the room! DAMN im gunna have a lot of stuff...i hope the towers rooms are big enough...

fringy do u know anything about the security of our rooms? like will our stuff be safe e.g stereo, tv, computer....

Bex, mayb u can answer: whats the theft rate like in towers????

fringey

HSC
I assume its ok. Im taking a tv and computer so I hope so!!
I will be taking heaps of stuf too. I think all first years will be lol!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
got a full wardrobe worth of clothes going, tv, laptop and computer, stereo, dvd player and if they allow..a bar fridge :)

btw parents are only to coe on the first day right?
like there is nothing else they need to stay for?

Last edited:

fringey

HSC
Yeah I don't think we have to have a slumber party with the folks! Its just the first day I think they leave after lunch.

fringey

HSC
lol. Oh but that is so mean. U know what parents are like, they love this sort of thing. It will make them feel comfy about uni.
Yeah ill be getting shattered aswell start off uni life with a bang hey!

Timmo

hey jiz..u asked bout security.. i went 2 the uni the other day and most rooms have lock up cupboards that u can padlock and the ones without those have storage rooms somewhere in the building...seemed secure and stuff

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
just wondering how many ppl do you guys know personally that aree going to CSU
i only know 4
so looking to broaden my circle of friends there
first night should be good
i rekon the unibar will be PACKED lol

fringey

HSC
I know 3 people well that are going and 2 ppl that i just "know" but aren't friends with and don't intend to be. Yeah lets just hope no1 gets a rep on the first night. As long as i dont chunda it will be fine.

jizmiester

i know 2 girls, ppl from my close circle of friends although a broader selection would be nice...have u noticed already that we are all so excited about gettin pissed (well me and fringey) that we seem to have forgotten bout the whole studyin thing...pfft oh well....thats what yr 12 was for...

HELL YEAH!

fringey

HSC
I know. I keep going: oh im going to meet heaps of people go out dancing, shopping, driving, sleeping in... la la la oh yeah we have to study! But I think all the hard work put into year 12 deserves some reward and UNi is going to be that fro me. Its sorta the last time u get to be free without worries of mortgages blah blah blah!
Can't wait. Just hope it is as good as i think it is going to be.

fringey

HSC
The social events for O week are now online if u guys didn't know. Sounds like an absolute classic!! Just can't figure out what super hero im going to go as!!

Jez they are all non-alcoholic!

Last edited:

bex

HSC
hey guys! im as excited bout o week as you are!!! this will be my first o week i guess seeing as i was underage for last years and they didnt really have a "non alcoholic" program...

as far as security goes- in towers all our rooms are automatically deadlocked as soon as you close the door so its pretty good, they also have lockable drawers under the bed. Noone puts their stuff in the box store cause apparently they get broken into... there were a couple of cases bout stolen things last year but all those people had their doors left open- your stuff is pretty safe as long as you keep your door locked!

we didnt have superhero night last year so im really looking forward to it!!you guys MUST go on a mystery tour with your dorm- theyre THE BEST! oooo now i have to find a dag night outfit and a superhero outfit!! the best part of dressing up is the shit that people come up with as costumes!!
go to: www.csustudents.org.au and sign up there so then you have access to the unibar photos

oh yeah most peoples parents do go to the thing in the gym- its pretty boring but a nice way to kick off the year there are some interesting parts and your parents dont stay in your room overnight either!!

vomiting is an acceptable practice- i have my own spot in the garden next to the cottrell ramp which i have spewed on MANY times

Last edited:

Nearlythere

HSC
N/A
Hey bex, is it really shit if ur underage? Cos im really pissed off, my bday is like 2 wks after o week and i heard all the underage ppl have to watch videos while everyone else has fun or something. I didnt think it would be so strict with age. What happened with u last year?

bex

HSC
umm well to tell you the truth, my experiences with o week were shit cause i was in a strange place, i didnt know anyone and i was the only person in my dorm that was underage. Normally thats not how it works! usually there are a couple of underage people in a dorm so you guys all get to hang out together etc etc But the only other underage girl in my dorm decided on the first night that she wanted out so yeah.. i was on my own every thursday night till may!

this year, there are also more underage activities organised like movies and bowling and stuff which is cool cause last year it was all last minute.. good luck with it, at least youre only underage for 3 weeks! if you have a fake or can find a person on campus who looks like you then theyre pretty lenient but they wont let you in if you dont have anything at all...

hope i helped!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
i went to the campus on sat... mademe ever more psyched up to go..
met some ppl who seemed pretty cool
found they wer really freindly... which is disturbing and reassuring at the same time :)
anyways i cant fucking wait
seeyas there in <7 days :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)