Veterinary Science 2012 (1 Viewer)

Sammy2011

HSC
Hey guys,

Anyone apply for B. Veterinary Biology/ B. Veterinary Science for 2012? Has anyone received an interview offer (via email or posted letter) yet?

Good luck!

Heidi NR

HSC
Hi there,

I applied for vet 2012 and have recieved an interview for the 02 Dec 2011. I dont know what to really expect and would love to know, if anyone has any tips on preparing.

Have you recieved an offer?

good luck to you too :)

2011_

HSC
I have heard the questions asked are different for every person. Good luck :)

Sammy2011

HSC
No offer as of yet, when did you get the letter? I thought I would have had a shot, considering I'm rural and had heaps of work experience. Maybe not.

Congratulations! I too have heard that the questions are different, though obviously there is a similar trend. Be prepared for 'Why Veterinary Science?', 'Why the interest in rural veterinary medicine?' etc. Also, make sure you know a bit about the university and what it offers, they'll love to hear you talk it up. But don't fear, they give you 20 minutes in a room alone to 'reflect' on the questions they'll give you (last time I checked). Good luck!

2011_

HSC
I'm really sorry but I don't think you will get an offer of an interview now unless someone doesn't accept their interview offer, as we have until Monday to accept the interview offer. But don't give up! You can always apply again next year. Best wishes :)

Heidi NR

HSC
Hey guys,

Thanks for the Advice....I received my invite to an interview the 1st of Nov and a few days after that the official letter....Don't worry I didnt get an interview last year and I thought Ib had a shot and this year dedicated myself to gaining more experience and picking subjects that hopefully reflect my dedication to studying veterinary science...I didnt get an interview last year but did this year so....it pays to keep trying!

. I heard this uni was great for rural and that's exactly where I want to be....

Have to start booking flights now, Im from Brissie and It aint cheap! hahaha:)

Best of Luck......Hope I dont vomit on the panels from all the nerves lol ;p

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
the basic interview questions are the same for each candidate each year. i got an interview in 09 and got in for 2010 but declined due to other offers. they give you 20 minutes or so to preview the questions in a separate room. they are not so much into you "talking up the uni" as said above, but more into seeing your dedication to the type of veterinary degree they are offering. they are big on you making a difference in rural communities. i can remember all of my questions and a fair few of them were about things like how you would go about being a new grad in a rural environment where you dont know anyone etc.
anyway good luck and hope you're prepared for the hard work of vet...i am half way through my degree now and relishing in the comfort of my few days of holidays before starting placement.

Heidi NR

HSC
muselara,

Thanks heaps for your advice!!!!!! :D

It has been exactly what I have been looking for into what I should be thinking about and preparing myself for my interview this week. I am very dedicated to becoming a rural vet and all I have heard of CSU is that all the students seem to love it. I am not deluding myself to the fact that it wouldn't be hard work. I more than sure it would be! but I dont mind putting in the dedication and work needed as this is what I know I want to do with life. Congrats on being half way through!!!! Where do you study, if you don't mind me asking??

2011_

HSC
Thank you for the advice Muselara :) I am sure it will be helpful for my interview!

Heidi NR

HSC
YEAH OK. nO MATTER HOW MUCH I TIRED TO PREPARE ( sorry about caps)...it all went out the window lol!!! I was soooooo nerous i felt like i was the biggest bumbling idiot! lol. oh well guess ill find out in jan what they really thought of me lol..... what abolut everyoe else? how did your interview go?

2011_

HSC
I was nervous, but it didn't seem to be too bad. The questions were all fairly straightforward and what I had been expecting but I guess, as Heidi NR said, we'll find out in January.

Heidi NR

HSC
yeah i agree the questions were straight forward..... i guess nerves just took over becuase my voice ended up breaking while i talked......i wasnt my normal self at all hahahhahahah the pal ca me ing on the overalls and that added to the embarassment lol

Heidi NR

HSC
sorry... stupid media remote...doesnt always work right!!! I meant to type the panell caught me trying on the vet overalls. lol

2011_

HSC
Did anyone else receive an offer today?!?!

Heidi NR

HSC
Congrats on your offer!....looks like the interview nerves got the better of me and as I did not receive an early offer. I'm not holding my breath for main rounds..... I wouldn't give up my offer if I received one....I dont expect many other candidates to.

Congrats to you!!!

2011_

HSC
Congrats on your offer!....looks like the interview nerves got the better of me and as I did not receive an early offer. I'm not holding my breath for main rounds..... I wouldn't give up my offer if I received one....I dont expect many other candidates to.

Congrats to you!!!
Thank you and good luck :)

KTJ

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, Can I ask did you apply to sydney uni as well as CSU for vet science. Does putting Sydney down as preference 1 mean your less likely for first round offers to CSU?

Heidi NR

HSC
Hey guys, Can I ask did you apply to sydney uni as well as CSU for vet science. Does putting Sydney down as preference 1 mean your less likely for first round offers to CSU?
Im not 100% sure but I think preference does go to those who have put CSU down as their first preferences and their offers are released in the early January offer rounds. People still get offered a place in the main round.....if you didn't get Sydney you still could be apart of their selection for the main offer round.

2011_

HSC
To get an early round offer from CSU (around 3rd January from memory) you must have it as your first preference. If it wasn't your 1st preference for the early round you could still get a main round offer though. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)