Csu 2013 (1 Viewer)

Tiana93

HSC
Hey,
So I've already got a place at CSU for 2013. Just wondering who else will be going to CSU this year, and what you will be studying, and the campus?
I'm doing Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic) at Bathurst :)

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Tiana93,

I'm doing Dent in Orange this year :) I'll be heading over to Bathurst a fair bit for some parties/bar nights though ;P

Tiana93

HSC
Sounds cool, I might see you around then :) Good luck with it!

jacmccann1

HSC
HEY!
Im going to Bathurst to do B. Education (Health and Physical Education).
Where are you going to stay?? Its so hard to choose!

Tiana93

HSC
Hey, congratulations.
For my preferences, I put cottages (catered) as first preference, then John Oxley Village (catered), then Traditional Diggings (Self catered), then Macquarie Village (self catered).

I decided to try and get a catered package for the first year, so it's one less thing I have to worry about. Have you had a tour of the campus? Do you know if you want catered, semi-catered, or self catered acc.? Also, have you applied for it? If so, what did you pick?
Personally, for catered accommodation, I think the cottages are nicer than JOV, (Jov isn't too bad, they just seem a tiny bit older than the cottages, I think. And I also read on this site somewhere that apparently the walls are paper thin, and people know too much about their neighbours!), though that being said, there are good and bad points about each of them! ha ha
It is definitely hard too choose, I guess you just have to pick what you like best, and hope it all falls into place!

jacmccann1

HSC
yeah i had a tour during the last holidays. I defs wanna go catered first year. I want to stay in traditional diggings though... the coloured two-storey blocks. On the price list it says they are only self catered but when you go to the virtual tour section on the website it says both catered and self-catered so i dont know. Also my tour guide says that cotteges is crap and no-one stays there but i dont know i guess it just depends on whos there whether its good or not. But then thats the same for all the places.
Also dont you need your offer to put your preferenes... i guess you got an early offer then..

Tiana93

HSC
Yeah, I would've preferred to stay in Traditional Diggings or Macquarie village as they seem nicer, but they are only self catered. I'm pretty sure the only accommodation that is available as self catered and catered are the cottages. Where your wrote that on the website it say it is available as catered and self catered, you weren't by any chance looking at Cottages were you? When I applied, I don't remember seeing Traditional Diggings available as catered. When I went on a tour, my guides said that the cottages were great, haha :)
I didn't realise that you didn't need an offer to apply for accommodation. Yeah, I got an offer on December 5th, through an application system CSU runs, called Principal's Report entry Program (PREP). It is based on your Trial exams, half yearly report and a report that your school principal writes about you..

So where abouts are you from?

jacmccann1

HSC
Nah i was looking at traditional diggings. I think my preferences will be traditional, jov, cottages, towers.
I almost applied for prep but we kinda just couldnt be bothered, i knew if i tried hard i could get in on just my atar so ehh. Plus my school hates applying for those sort of things cause they think we will stop trying after that and then the school will get bad results in the actual hsc
I am from sydney, what about you??
Also are you going to try and get a job up there? it seems like everyone will want one but there wont be that many jobs available..

Tiana93

HSC
I wish that traditional diggings were available as catered, then I would've put that as my first preference. I am so glad I did apply for prep, because I almost didn't. I got the application, but then I had it for ages before doing anything about it, and I sent it away about a week before it was due, and am so lucky i did apply through prep.
I am from Newcastle.
I am going to try to get a job there, preferably on campus. Yeah, I've been having the same thoughts as you, about there not being enough jobs available, but my guides said that there are usually enough jobs, because of the students that finish at uni, and leave, which leaves jobs for the new students.

nk1991

HSC
Hey Tiana93,

I'm doing Dent in Orange this year :) I'll be heading over to Bathurst a fair bit for some parties/bar nights though ;P
I want to apply for dent in 2014, how did you get it? Was it hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)