CSU Diploma of Policing Practice (1 Viewer)

M

mick18

Just wondering if there was anyone who has been studying the DPP. I am wondering particularly about the physical assessment. What sorts of things were required etc? Also how hard was it to get into this course?
Your help would be appreciated

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i think they have all info on that on the web site as i was thinking of appling.. but not sure

M

mick18

I have had a look, you can also sign up for an info pack, which is pretty good. I was more or less looking for some inside info. Thanks for you help though

kabab700

hey
i am currently in year 12, and i also want to enter in to this course, but i wanted to know how hard it is to, i really want to be a police officer, so any info will do.
thanks

jizmiester

well guys...im not actually studying it, but my opinion of the policing course at bathurst is that it is not that hard once you get yourself in..t.he policing students im friends with tend to be pretty relaxed and laid back about their work, compared to say the business and communication students..dont quote me, but i think they are only there for 2yrs so often policing students tend to be the most rowdy bunch..and believe me, people of ALL shapes and sizes are in the DPP course

M

mick18

Are you implying there are some who have the physique of eating one too many pies? Not that that is of concern to me, but how do they meet the physical requirements?

jizmiester

No..are you fat or something mick? if you are determined and prepared to work (which is basically what uni students are at uni for) then ul work hard enough to meet any physical assessments that ur given, i spose...

dizthewiz

HSC
N/A
i know no one has posted on this thread for months....but im thinking of doing the DPP....how many people actually get in? who usually does DPP (ie. uai, background, size etc etc)?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
go on web site and get an info pack, ring or email cose it doesnt seem like ne1 here does it. mean while i got booked in goulburn the otherday, most over policed town in nsw

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I'm doing the Policing degree at UWS which (at the end) has cross-institutional studies with CSU. Just thought I'd post that :|

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
what is the course like christine?
would you recommend it?

dizthewiz

HSC
N/A
I dont wanna brag but my estimated uai is around high 90's, i just wanna know if there are similar people in my situation, who get high uai's and do DPP....and my friend also wants to know whether any ppl with indian background do DPP :p

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
what is the course like christine?
would you recommend it?
It's great. I transferred from my Science degree to Policing and haven't regretted making the change. It's a fair amount of work (airy fairy arts subjects + policing subjects + law subjects), and the old school cops give you a bit of shit, but it's worth it.

I'd recommend it, definitely, unless you think it's all "this is how you beat people without leaving any bruising" :p

LOL dizthewiz, the UAI entry for B Policing is 75, and there are people in the course who got UAIs of 90+ (no idea about the DPP though).

hatty

Banned
i never knew u needed a degree to be a copper
i thought u just needed year 12, and went straight in.

or are u guys doing that degree to get into higher ranked positions in the police force? like a captain or something

im kinda confused

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Nah, you don't need one, it's an optional thing.

It's just back up in case you don't like what you're doing. That and yeah, we get paid more and we get higher consideration when it comes to promotions.

Jonathan A

HSC
hatty said:
i never knew u needed a degree to be a copper
i thought u just needed year 12, and went straight in.

or are u guys doing that degree to get into higher ranked positions in the police force? like a captain or something

im kinda confused

It used to be that way, apply to the academy and then go from there. Now its become more formalised with a Diploma or degree. Like when my father joined the police, he applied straight to the police, then he went back to UWS to do Criminal Justice and then to CSU to do Policing Studies in a Social Science degree.

High ranks have other pre-requisits. ANd they are quite difficult to get. There are interviews, applications, assessment centres and then if you get through that, unsuccessful applicants can appeal against you and try and convince why they should get the promotion.

Jonathan A

HSC
PS, there are no captains in the Police, take your pick:

-Student;
-Probationary Constable;
-Constable;
-Senior Constable;
-Incremental Senior Constable;
-Leading Senior Constable (optional rank, more on-road)
-Sergeant;
-7th Year Sergeant;
-Senior Sergeant (becomming rare);
-Inspector;
-Chief Inspector;
-Superintendant
-Chief Superintendant;
-Commander / Assistant Commissioner;
-Deputy Commissioner;
-Commissioner (appointed);

hatty

Banned
i was tihnking of Captain Harris.
now if you dont no who captain harris is, then you'r all not worthy of being called cops.

LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)