Public Communications (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this course, coz ive put it as my first preference for 2005.

Is it classy? Is it worth all the extra hassle of these interviews and essays and so on? And how does it compare to UTS public relations degrees?

Cheers in advance.

bex

HSC
Albert K. Holic said:
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this course, coz ive put it as my first preference for 2005.

Is it classy? Is it worth all the extra hassle of these interviews and essays and so on? And how does it compare to UTS public relations degrees?

Cheers in advance.
PR at Bathurst is a very practical and hands on course. HOwever in first year, all communication students do pretty much the same subjects so its not until 2nd year that you really get into it. There is a lot of strategy writing and publicity planning for real clients and there are also a lot of on campus activities and events that you can be part of and use as work experience. I have a lot of friends who do it and they say that they find the course to be a lot of work at times (but which course isnt?) but at the end of it all, its really rewarding and has a great industry reputation. The course also has an internship component which attributes itself to the high first year out of uni employment rate. What's great about bathurst compared to lots of the sydney unis is that its small and a lot more user friendly. Youre a person out here and not just another student number. All my lecturers know my name and a bit about me, same with my friends.. they are really supportive of the students and go out of their way for us a lot of the time.

The majority of PR students here are girls. What do you mean by is it classy? the majority of students are from sydney and it can be a bit bitchy at times. that said, bathurst campus is very friendly and there is a huge array of people here from all different places and from all backgrounds so everyone finds their niche somewhere.

Im not sure how it compares to UTS but i think if you have a look on the UTS part of this website you will be able to ask some current students.. but yeah.. bathurst is a really social and friendly place and i think moving out here and onto campus was the best decision i ever made. If you want more details, why not book in for a campus tour? i see youre from the mountains so its not very far from you... so yeah.. come out here and have a look around!

HSC
thanks for the help bex. It all sounds pretty exciting, and the fact that you're not selected entirely based on UAI really appeals to me as well, sort of suggests that theyre interested in PEOPLE and not just academics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)