Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic) (1 Viewer)

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
Hi,

I was just wondering how many people have applied for this course.

Thanks

Fro

HSC
The paramedic course is exactly what it says. Its a course aimed at preparing you for a career as a paramedic. You dont need it to get into the ambos but its a fuckin tops course.
Ive got two mates doing it and they love it. Every session you have to do a coupla weeks of prac and they said that its awesome actually getting some on the scene experience.
Its a pretty in depth course but it seems its worth it
However - if you get accepted be prepared to be called upon for every minor injury or drunken fall that occurs....

bex

HSC
haha thats so true! a girl in my dorm was like our live in nurse.. every minor ailment/drunken fall/ infectious disease it was JENNY HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!! ahhh ill miss that about my old dorm!

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
What sort of UAI do you think i will need to be even considered for Paramedics?

Fro

HSC
Im pretty sure its done on an entrance exam.
Ive got a mate in my dorm whos in the course who i think got mid 70s.... if thats any help...

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
Thankyou, that is a very big help and a very good sign. My UAI was 73.35 and i will be extremely happy if i get in.

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
I got accepted into the course. I am over the moon.

Fro

HSC
Congratulations!
Are you on campus next year?... this year?
Ill be walking around in O week - you shouldnt miss me
Come and say gday

bex

HSC
wow congrats! you must be stoked! see ya at the unibar!

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
I am stoked... but you probably won't see me at the Unibar because i don't drink, and i am too much of a square to go out... i did all that in 2004 and i only just scraped through my exams.

bex

HSC
repeat after me.. p's get the degrees!
you say that now but im sure you'll turn up every now and then

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
What is the best method of taking notes in lectures etc. I was thinking of getting a dictaphone or maybe a pocket pc and then type up the transcripts after each. What do you think? What are your suggestions? I already have a laptop and printer.

bex

HSC
yeah a dictophone would be useful. it depends on the lecture really. some lecturers (nice ones) put summaries of the lectures on the subject forums or hand out lecture notes. others (mean ones) make you scribble them all down as fast as you can! they usually put up some sort of slide show so you can copy stuff down...i like to write notes, even if they are being put on the net or handed out cause i think i tend to absorb more that way. it also keeps you busy in your lectures and saves you doing stuff later cause i know i couldnt be arsed going back to my room and retyping/ writing eveything down!

i suggest- a good supply of pens and a heap of notepaper and some scribbly (yet legible) hand writing!

bex

HSC
oi fro! dont knock my notetaking tips ok!? hehe 2nd yr comm radio, whilst still less strenuous than most degrees has some big projects.. just you wait till brett tells you all about your super fun advertising assignments! i spent every final fling (except the last one) with my adv class typing our 10 000 word group assignments in the 24hr lab.. yyeeeehaaaah!

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
Which on campus accommodation is the best? I want self catered. I am so confused with all the names. What is your opinion on each and which should i put down as my four preferences?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)